Thursday, July 24, 2014

First Email From The MTC

Ni Hao Mama, 
I don't have a lot of time but I will talk to you soon :)
After leaving you guys, I stopped crying. I knew I would be blessed and Heavenly Father had let me know that everything will be okay. Sister Cochran, my host, was so nice and so energetic that she helped me through everything and reminded me what my purpose was as a missionary. Sister Cochran is from St. George so we were able to talk about our city. 
My Companion is Sister Strong, honestly she is strong, the name doesn't fool you. She is from Gilbert, Arizona. She is going to the Singapore mission. She told me she went to BYU-Hawaii and loved it. She explained that Biology is so hard. Sister Strong and I have a lot of things in common which made things easier for us to get along. We are working hard on eating healthy in the cafeteria haha.
I was able to understand for the most part. I was dropped off in a Chinese class and our teacher spoke 100% Chinese.  His name is Brother Gerber, he is probably around 25 years old. First day was tough but second day today was getting a little bit easier with the language. I am starting to understand Brother Gerber so much, and communicate with him.
Tomorrow Sister Strong and I are teaching the gospel to an investigator name Yang Ju. We have to speak it in Chinese so it'll be tough. I am praying in Chinese and I know that with no doubt that Heavenly Father will help me and my companion. I can't wait to tell you about it soon. I am so excited and I can't wait for all the experiences that are going to happen.
I saw Elder Sterling Horrock (Mr. Horrock's son,) Sister Sherine Dutton, Sister Julia Price from college, and Sister Zoey Davis from Summit Academy.
This Gospel is true. The people are the nicest people ever and we are sooooo happy because we have the gospel and we are full of excitement because we get to share the word with others, and have others come to Christ.
I love you mama, you take care of yourself. I am being the best I can be. I am doing so well and very happy here.
Wo ai ne (I love you),
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment