Monday, November 3, 2014

Our pumpkin says "Choose the Right" in Simple Chinese

Hey Mama,
I am happy to hear about the MMF Grand Launch!! The Lord is blessing you!  I have two MMF packs left and I would like some more. 

The apartment is still hot and the weather is getting colder! I am sleeping better now.   Oh I forgot to tell you this.... Our bathtub broke...... We can take a shower but the drain doesn't work anymore... We have to take the bowl and take the water our and pour it down the sink. When you're showering the bathtub gets fulled pretty fast. Yup....

Oh an new elder is joining the district today.... I am so excited because I know him from the MTC. He is amazing! His name is Elder Hendrickson.

We already have an iPad! I keep it till the end of the mission. I also don't get Facebook till next week... Wait patiently :)

Halloween sounds like so much fun! It's so cute about Harper, that girl makes me laugh so hard and that girl is the light to my life. She just makes me super happy! I love her!  I am glad the Stewarts are doing good!! That's awesome about Weston and his xylophone, is he loving it? Can't wait to meet Baby Cash!!!

So this week has been difficult, my listening has been suffering. I can't understand people even when they are speaking English. It's hard for me because the people are getting frustrated. I asked the Elders to give me a blessing yesterday and they did. I felt peace and comfort and an overwhelming feeling  knowing that everything will be okay. Please continue to pray for me that my hearing will improve!

After the blessing we went to church I met a girl named Arianna who was like 4 from the English/Spanish branch. She was running all over the place but from the corner from my eyes I saw a cochlear implant. I started talking with her and her older sister. The little girl doesn't know sign but the older sister is learning American Sign Language. The little girl was skipping all over the place, smiling, giggling, she was full of joy. That girl touched my heart through her simple smile and she didn't let her deafness define her sounds like someone I know haha but I needed a reminder of who I am. She is the sweetest thing ever and she was the answer to my prayer.

On Halloween, so Sister Johnson wanted to be a princess so she bought a crown. She then said, "You need to have a costume too!" So she went through my closet and laid out an outfit for me and I became a hipster. Yeah.... Peace, tree lover, hello sunshine.

The hipster and the princess

We were asked to be home by 6 on Halloween so Sister Johnson and I decided to deep clean and rearrange our apartment. It now looks like a home. We then ate pizzas and ice cream and talked about our life... That girl is super smart and has been through a lot. I just love her.

On Saturday we had a Halloween party and we dressed up again but the Chinese people did not want me to just be a hipster which means..... They had to paint my face. So they painted my face. The party was a lot of fun. We had games, food, and the missionaries performed. One crazy thing that  happened was the idea of a kissing booth.  One of our members Brian dressed up as a vampire.... He actually looked like a vampire!  So he gets placed in the room and one person wears a blind fold and walks in and sits down. Brian would ask  a question and then he said I'm gonna kiss you and the person blindfolded freaks out and he gets the the candy kiss and put it on their lips and tells them to open their eyes. They laugh since they actually thought he kissed them. It was weird!


The ward members wanted to paint my face
Almost everyday we help out a lady Ellen Zhang with yard work.  She was baptized in Taiwan when she was 17 and went to church for a year and became inactive. She is about 60. She started coming to English class and so we started teaching her and helping her pull weeds and place stones and porch in the backyard. Her father just passed away and she blames it on the home care lady because the home care lady was feeding her father too fast and the father choked and died. She is very bitter about it and said that God should have punished that lady. I really like this lady because she is so selfless and gave all her time to take care of her parents and never was married. She speaks good things and smiles often but when it comes to her father's death and home care she becomes bitter and upset. We are in a process of helping her trying to forgive so she can feel peace and love. She told us she had a dream that her dad is not happy where he is at. It bothers her. We really want to help her. We want to help her come to church and go through the temple so she can help her dad and mom with temple work and they can be in a better place. Please pray for her  that she will find peace.

On Wednesday we had dinner with a lady. She doesn't seem happy with her life right at the moment but she kept squeezing my cheek and complimenting how Sister Johnson and I have a baby face haha. She kept putting more and more food on my plate, so honestly I ate clam and jellyfish.... It was interesting but I will never have it again if I have the option to choose haha.

It's so hard for me to see the people struggling and how they don't think the gospel can help them. I know it can help them. I know that THIS gospel is so true! I KNOW this is where I am meant to be so I can help them find that joy in their life. I am happy when they realize how the gospel can help them as well. My heart is filled with joy and peace knowing that they know this. Yup it's been an emotional week, man.... I have a deep connection with people! I know that when we change our perspective to the way God sees them...... Our thoughts on other people changes to children of God. They are not the people shopping in the store..... Or a lady sitting on the steps.... Or a man serving food. They are all our brothers and sisters, they are children of God! It's crazy how your love for them can increase significantly once you start to think that. They all have a story.  I love this gospel so much and the field is so white and ready to harvest!
I love you mom!  You're my super hero!

Love,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment