Monday, April 13, 2015



Hey Mom,

So yesterday was a good day, we had stake Conference. It was a great experience to be there. Elder Milan F. Kunz of the seventy was there. He asked all of us to write down questions we were pondering about. I wrote down my questions and luckily enough they were all answered! My favorite speakers was our Mission President, President Calderwood and Milan F. Kunz. President Calderwood talked about how we need to not just hear the doctrine of Christ, we need to take action of following the doctrine of Christ. So when we follow the path we become forever changed! I really love how he said that it's okay that we fall. We need to recognize the damage we have caused, then repent, we will feel that we have been forgiven, then we will feel God's love then have the desire to serve. We are all like Alma the younger in some way. We can have true conversion in the process of our life. The doctrine of Christ is real and the atonement is real and our heart can be changed!
 
Elder Kunz said, "Whatever you do, GLOW AND SMILE!" He talks about the importance of having personal study and how we can build relationship with our Heavenly Father and how we can build relationship with others. He asked us this question, "What are you going to do different?" My answer is... I have a lot to change, just put one foot in front of the other.  He then said, "I know you're going to be fine. The Lord is with you!" 
 
 
 
We then had a lesson with Iris. The spirit was definitely so strong in there. Sister Lee looks at me and said, "There are few lessons that you can feel the spirit but that spirit was so powerful in there." I looked at her and gave her a big hug. It was amazing! We scheduled for Iris to have a baptismal interview for Saturday so we asked Elder Chung and all the sudden he decided to interview her right after we had a lesson with her. Luckily Iris was up for it haha. So while she was in the interview with Elder Chung, Elder Johnson asked me and Sister Lee to join in the conversation with Liz. Liz is our investigator. We also had two members with us. It was the most funniest discussion ever. Liz was asking questions about WOW. She wanted to try alcohol, drugs and so forth. We tried to let her know that it was a bad idea. One of the recent converts from the Spanish branch who had problem with wow in the past said, "Don't do it! If you want to know what drugs are like go to the gym,then get on the treadmill, put on full speed, then get off, and walk." Then Liz said, "It won't be my last day if try drugs" this recent convert said, "it would be your last day because I will kill you if you try drugs."We all laughed. That what makes her feel good about everything. Iris then finished her interview! Elder Chung looked at us and said, "SHE PASSED" we were so happy to hear that. 
 
I am grateful God has given us trials so we can learn and grow. Sometimes we feel alone and we don't know where to go and what to do. That is where we can turn to Him and let Him take you by the hand. We can start that by saying our prayers. I wanted to share my testimony about Prayer of Faith. Sometimes we pray and just do it. Sometimes we just go through the motions and not think about what we are doing. We need to TRULY talk with the Lord. I know that it so powerful when we actually talk with The Lord. I love the feeling I receive when praying and talking with Him. I can feel the true guidance. When we pray with faith we receive the spirit. I love and pray for all of you. There is not a day that goes by without thinking about you all. My heart is your heart.
                                               
                         
               
 
 
 
 
 

 
We had interviews with President. This man is the most inspiring man ever! He talked with me about a lot of things.  One of the first things he asked me was, "How do you feel about transferring to another program?" I looked at him and said, "If this is what The Lord wants me to do, I will go." He was filled with joy and said he was happy to hear about that. He then said, "I feel inspired to transfer you to a different language program, whether it be english or ASL or Spanish, I don't know but I will inquire of The Lord and see where he wants you to go. He may have you stay in the Chinese Program." So I may not be staying in the Chinese program any longer. I don't know. We will see what happens. He did tell me that there are two new Chinese speaking sister missionaries coming, Sister Tsin and Sister Young. He said that if I stay I would have a huge responsibility of leadership for them. He knows and trusts that I can do either way. I am nervous for the transfer call but I know that I will be fine either way.
 
He then said, "Tell me about your future with college. I feel that you need to go to USU." Well he is already starting to think about my future haha! I am a little sad because President is finishing his mission soon in July. He is a great man and will one day be an apostle! President was like a dad to me and I can always feel his love.
My view right now

My language has been out of the roof lately and I am grateful for the gift of tongues. I am grateful how the spirit works. So I was on exchanges on Thursday and I had to teach in Chinese. I taught her full blown Chinese and she asked some hard questions, luckily enough the spirit was there and helped me understand her. It's crazy because when I talk to Chinese people I can't understand but in lessons, that is a whole different story! It was such a powerful lesson. My exchange comp looked at me and said, "I have never felt the spirit so powerful in a lesson before." The spirit was definitely there.
 
Thank you for letting me know how Jacqueline is doing! She wrote me the sweetest letter ever. I missed that girl so much! I am so excited for her to go on a mission!
How's was "Meet the Man" Party? How's everyone? I am excited for you. I can't wait to Skype with you and be part of your wedding. It's crazy! Only 12 days left.
 
This is what Ismael sent me.  I am in love!
 
Thank you so much for writing me a whole letter about how to overcome my struggle. Sister Lee  wanted to know my feeling and I guess she was really hurt. I feel so bad. I am trying to fix it and develop the relationship with her. Keep praying for us because I do really love her. Sometimes it's hard to think about perspective. Changing perspective changes things. I will definitely take your advice on changing myself and my perspective. I will definitely work on that for the rest of my mission! Thanks mom!

I love you will all my heart!
 
Love ,
Sister Moore
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment