Hey Hot Mama,
I skyped with dad on Mother's Day. I was on exchanges with my STL who is also my"Step-Sister" and she said that I should skype dad too. So I listened to her. You probably wonder about the "Step-Sister" part. Her name is Sister Peterson and she is Brittany and Brianna's step sister. Brittany and Brianna's dad married Sister Peterson's mom. My dad married Brittany and Brianna's mom. Small world. So we call each other Step Sister and she and I are pretty close. I really love her a lot. She is originally an ASL sister missionary. Cool huh?
I am glad you had an awesome Mother's Day!! I thought about you and what a great mother you are!!!! The ward here looks up to you and thinks you are one heck of a strong woman because we have so many divorces and children going astray and they like have no hope and I was like.... Seriously, my mom has gone through a lot and she still held on to her faith! I am so grateful for you!! I was thinking of how amazing you are and how you did everything for me growing up and you're my superhero! I love you mom and Happy Mother's Day!
I am sorry to hear about Danny's step father. That's sad.... But good thing we have the Plan of Salvation!
This week was a lot better. President wants me to set up a plan vision and goal. Since I have been doing that... My nightmares went away.... Feelings of regret did too.... Now I am just sick this past week.... Bad headache, body shaking, tired most of the days, pale, feeling like I want to throw up but I am pushing forward because I am only here for two transfers and I am going to make it worth it! We worked hard and guess what??? Five investigators came to church yesterday! Sister Passey was SOOO happy. She never had that happen before. It was a miracle that it happened. We had 7 deaf people come to church and 4 of them came for their first time. We taught them a lesson about the BOM and they had so many crazy questions and they were all answered. Now they want to get baptized. They have more friends that are interested so they will be inviting them. The work is hastening. The Lord is ready to gather the people into his fold. They are all super cool. 2 of them are catholic. 1 of them is popular in the deaf world and we know if she gets baptized others will follow. I love interpreting for them and getting to know them. We are pretty much best friends. I am so excited to work with them.
Nana is an amazing 19 year old young guy. We had planned to teach him on Saturday morning but Friday night.... Nana texted us and told us that his sister was murdered and he couldn't meet with us. Our heart broke for his family and him. Saturday night, Nana texted and said he still wanted to come to church the following Sunday and we found him a ride. He came to church yesterday for his first time and it was amazing. He is a strong boy who fights through his challenges.
So here is a funny story, we were helping a less active move a couch from one place to another. I had my hair in a ponytail. So I let my hair down and this less active freaked out, dragged me to the chair, and all the sudden started cutting my hair. My hair is now short....My dream of long hair went down the toilet! :'(
Another story was we went to do a look up.... A guy answered the door and said, "Are you looking for my mom?"
Yes
She is not here and there is no real conversion here. I've seen UFOs so I don't want to hear your message...
Ok
But thanks for loving my mom
Yup
Later that guy called us and apologized and expressed his appreciation to us. Sweet!
So we got a phone call asking us to go visit this lady. We had a strong connection. We went and visited the lady and the lesson was super powerful and she knew we why were there and answered her prayers. She was so excited to learn more. I felt the spirit so strong and I knew she felt it too. We set up an appointment for this Friday. So we got a call this morning from this lady saying she went and visited a pastor... The pastor was telling her the BOM wasn't true and convinced her not to meet with us... My heart broke for her.... Well she is stuck in our area book so yay for new missionaries to bug her because I know she has great potential.
Life is good! I am happy! Everything is great! All is well!
Love
Sister Moore
p.s. I might need some summer outfits. You have good taste of style.
No comments:
Post a Comment