| The Infamous Map |
Ni Hao Ma??? Jin Tian Hen Hao.
I love Monday too. Today is a day where I can go to the temple and talk with my family and friends. It's the best day ever next to Sundays. Tell everyone not to worry about me writing them back. I am happy to write them back, I love everyone and want them to know that I truly care about them. My first priority is to write the amazing YOU, my sweet dear mama and then I write all the people after you.
Your letter totally helped me a lot. It was direct but helpful and made me realize what I need to work on. When I wrote that letter and sent it, all my frustrations went away.
Ever since Tuesday my companion and I have been tight. We started companion prayers every night and hug each other and say good things to each other. We never take anything seriously with each other anymore. We decided that it was time that we work together and find that unity. She has been amazing and I am proud of her. Everyday, I pray for her to improve on the language and not be easily discouraged.
We learned a lot about the Second Coming this past week because we wanted to teach our investigators about the life of Jesus Christ. Sister Strong and I watched a video about Christ's death and how he died for us. Sister Strong and I cried together every time there was a Second Coming related topic. I cried because Jesus Christ does really love us and cares about us more than himself, and how he is able to heal my ears someday. Sister Strong cried because I will be able to hear again. We built a stronger relationship in that.
| Hosting Day! |
On Wednesday (Love the Missionary Mama website), I was able to host 6 amazing girls that bore with me. Unfortunately I wasn't the best host. We had a meeting before we were able to host and the instructor explained that we will have to be outside at the curb and wait for the girls to come in. So I heard all the instruction about starting outside and bringing the girls into the MTC. He specifically chose 7 of us girls to help with something. I missed what the instructor said. He told 7 girls in front of us in a big room to turn around and said that we were partners. I didn't think they were the new missionaries. I was expecting that they would come out of the cars or buses. So I told the girl that I didn't know what to do before realizing that she was the new missionary. "Oops," I said. And then I said, "I know the way around, follow me." So I took her to her room and class. 2nd girl got dropped off. I dropped her suitcase so many times.... 3 suitcases is a lot for a small person to carry around. When she got her stuff, a senior lady told me to take 2 extra new sisters with me. So that equaled a lot of suitcases. So I thought 2 girls were in the same building as me, and 1 girl in a different building but I didn't know where. So we started at the bookstore so they could get their books for class and walked all the way across to the other side of the campus. We went up hill, down hill, down the ramp to the 17-M building. Turns out 1 of the girls lives in my residence and the other two live in a different one. I gave one girl to another host to help her and lead two girls to building 3-M. I didn't know where 3-M was. Turns out it was right by the Bookstore where we started. Ugh. We carried the suitcases all the way back, up the ramp, up the hill, down the hill. We arrived in their building. Turns out they don't have an elevator so we carried the suitcases up 4 floors. My arm was so sore and tired and I brought the girls to class. I can picture those girls writing to their parents, "So our host was so crazy and she made us work out on our first day, and she didn't know what to do." Haha, they said they loved me ;)
So my 5th girl, the one you saw in the picture of missionary mamas, her and her family hugging each other was so heartbreaking. I remember those moments with you. She just cried. I talked to her and she started smiling and enjoying her time. The senior lady once again added another girl with me. It was crazy. They both live at the same residence as me. We found out that the elevator in our building was broken so we carried the suitcases up 3 floors. Turns out that they were roommates. I kept talking about how exciting it is and that they will find out who their new companion is. I said, "Take a deep breath, this is the last time to be alone." They both did and were excited to find out who their companion was..... We arrived at class and guess who's companion with who? The girls I hosted at the same time were companions with each other. "Very smooth Sister Moore very smooth." Great advice to them when I didn't know they were going to be companions. I was full of sweat and one of my cochlear implants stopped working and I couldn't hear in class very well for an hour. That was frustrating. But one good side of not having one cochlear implant is..... my teacher didn't pick on me in class.
On Saturday at 5:45 am, Sister Strong wanted to go to an exercise class so I thought that I would run while she was doing the class. It's in the same building. I ran two miles straight and it felt so good. When I finished class, I went to the room were Sister Strong had her class, and there was a girl waving at me. I turned around to see if someone else was waving back at her, turns out it was just me. So I waved back at her awkwardly. She kept waving and I started to realize who that girl was, it was Kylee Simpkins. I have not seen that girl for a very long time. Man, she is sooooo tiny and tall. I apologized to her about not recognizing her. I wasn't expecting her for another few weeks. It was so good to see her.
Later in the day, I was so frustrated with the language. "How am I going to do this language? How am I going to hear the tones. I can't do this." I told Sister Strong that I needed to go to the restroom. Luckily it was a one stall kind of bathroom. I kind of broke down and prayed to my Father in Heaven in my heart. I felt God's love. The feeling told me to keep reading Alma 37. When I went to Alma 37, the first verse I saw was 36, and then I read 37. That was the answer to my prayer and it was powerful.
Later we did TRC, where we teach members about specific things. Our first time was two weeks ago on Saturday. We taught two different guys. The hard thing was they spoke more yin wen (English) then Zhong wen (Chinese) which tempted us to speak Yin wen. We got in trouble for speaking Yin Wen. This past Saturday, we spoke 100% Zhong Wen. We were happy but were told we needed to work on pronunciation. One of the guys we taught two weeks ago, and we taught him again this past Saturday, received his mission call. He is going to Canada. So excited for him.
Yesterday..... I looooooove Sunday, so refreshing. We had Cheryl A. Esplin (2nd Counselor in the Primary General Presidency) come speak to us in Relief Society. She reminded us that we are called to represent the Savior because we know Him and we know His plan. The Lord expects our Labor, our Testimony, and our Devotion. We are the last Dispensation and We have a lot of work to do. She then showed us the video of the Savior's 2nd Coming.... I bawled.... Weishenme? (Why) I wasn't crying because I was sad. I was crying because I was filled with joy! Cheryl Esplin asked a question and wanted some of the sister missionaries to answer...Sister Hughes sat next to me and decided to volunteer. So the camera was zoomed in on her on the big screen and here I am right next to her bawling my eyes out. After Relief Society Sister Price saw me crying. That girl is my rock. She knew what I was crying about. She said, "The Lord doesn't have to heal your ears, We both know you're already awesome and you're going to change many people's lives. When you bring others to come unto Christ in New York and other places, they are going to thank you in Heaven and say, "Because of you, I am saved." I was filled with joy. I am really gonna miss that girl. She leaves in 2 weeks. We call each other "The Rock."
This morning, I went and did sealings for my first time. I was filled with love and the spirit. What an amazing opportunity it is to help people be sealed to their family. It's an amazing work. The sealer thanked me for my big smile. The people in the room hugged me and asked if I could bear my testimony in Chinese. I did and it was awesome.
Everyone here at the MTC keeps saying that I am happy and that every time they see me, I am constantly smiling. It's a TRUE smile. Mom, I am so happy. I am happy through the hard times too. I don't let that tear me down. This place is full of the spirit and I am so so so grateful for the gospel. Let your smile shine forth unto all nations and you'll be blessed.
To answer your question, the Dietary room is a little room in the cafeteria. So if your have gluten problems, or lactose or any allergy you go there. So I signed some paper work and I get food there. I feel sooo much better. I haven't been sick lately.
Can you send me Lori's address? She wrote me and I would like to write her back. You have amazing siblings.
I love you sooooo much mom, You're my best friend. I wear the ring every single day! Your letter is the best part of my week. It's not a distraction. It's uplifting and inspiring.
Love you mom,
Wo Ai Ni
Mo Jie Mei
Sister Moore
No comments:
Post a Comment