| My District! |
Ni Hao Mama,
Ni Hao Ma???? I am so happy today is P-day! It has been a loooonnng crazy week but it has treated me good too. I don't get to take naps on Sunday, but I can on Monday if I get everything done for the week. I am sooooo tired but I am very happy and I always remind myself why I am here as a missionary. Again I say, I am tired but happy.
We had a speaker who is from St. George come on Tuesday, Brother Bruce Hafen, who is the temple president for the St.George temple. He talked a lot about the Temple Garment and how powerful they are. I wept a little because the temple garment is what helped me become a better person and helped me move on from some trials in my life. It's amazing how simple little things can mean something really big. He went on talking about why we have a missionary tag, so that no opposite sex's affection can get into your heart, it would just bounce off your mission tag. Bonus thing about mission tag, no heart can jump out of our chest. It would just stay there inside your chest. Haha that made me laugh so hard. There is an Elder from the ASL zone who is so cute and so nice and always teases me. He has a deaf 10 year old brother. His brother has a Cochlear Implant and broke it 7 times in his life (In the inside of his head) which means he got his 7th surgery yesterday for a new cochlear implant. It's crazy. We just bonded great quickly and we are great friends. He is leaving next Tuesday so I am gonna miss him a lot. So when I am with him, I make sure my mission tag is protecting my heart Lol.
His wife Sister Hafen talked about how whether we are a missionary or not, whether we are struggling or not, D&C 6:36 said: Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. The Lord is there with open arms and He loves all of us even when it doesn't seem like that.
Yesterday we watched The Testament. I remember watching that sooo many times but the movie was different because of the strong spirit I have felt. Watching Jesus helping so many people and healing others and loving others no matter how many tribulations He went through. I couldn't watch how the people tortured him and crucified him. I literally cried. I was filled with sorrow because of why he suffered for all of us. I was filled with joy because of the way He redeemed us if we follow the right path. Then I cried again at the second coming because He is going to come again and He is going to heal my ears and I will be able to hear. The thought of that just gave me chills. There is no way I can deny that there is a God. The feelings I've received, the miracles around me, the love I feel from God. It's amazing. He is going to come very soon.
So guess what?!? I memorized Joseph Smith's First vision and My Missionary Purpose in Chinese YAY! I realized that I sort of need to learn it in English too...... Haha. We have two investigators, Han Ge Hui and Li Zhi Hao. Han Ge Hui is open to the gospel. First time we met him, he was happy and he listenrf to us and we struggled with our Chinese so much. The 2nd time we visited him, we studied super hard in our lesson. We taught him about the Prophets and why we have them. We went in talking about Joseph Smith and I just said Joseph Smith's First vision in Chinese. I felt the spirit and I know that Han Ge Hui felt it too. I went on bearing my testimony about the prophet and the Book of Mormon, I almost cried because the Spirit was guiding me and it did pierce me in my heart. Li Zhi Hao is a really tough investigator, I don't know what to do. He has family and believes in being successful and says that he is very happy. He said that he doesn't need God. He has no respect for God. He can't see Him so he doesn't believe in God. It is so frustrating. We taught him about Faith, we taught him that we can know the truth through prayer and reading the Book of Mormon. We gave him a good lesson on Faith and Prayer. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and gave him our testimony. He refuses, refuses, and refuses, then finally he accepted the Book of Mormon to read it. Tomorrow will be our 3rd lesson with him. Hopefully he read it and felt the spirit. If not, we will keep showing our love to him. I realized that there is going to be a lot of tough people in New York who are going to accept the gospel and who aren't. I know that I need to rely on the Lord and the Holy Ghost to help me to know what our investigator needs. It's amazing how there are so many different people in the world and they all have different needs. They are far from the truth because they know not where to find it.
Yesterday Sister Elizabeth D. Rose came for Relief Society and spoke. She talked about how life is not easy but to always remember the phrase Thomas S. Monson said: "It is better to look up." She went on talking about Mary F. Smith and what an amazing example she is. She kept her faith strong through many trials and the death of her husband. She continued to help and serve others and never thought about herself. I want to become like Mary F. Smith and become firm in the faith like her. I want to become Christlike. I can feel God's love so strong right now!
Sister Price and I have been very close with each other. She lived at the 2nd apartment I lived in and we talked little. Now we are really tight with each other. She has 3.5 weeks left. I am really going to miss her. She keeps me sane. She knows sign and I love her!
| Elder Taylor brought us a class pet. It is a snail and his name is Gary. |
| Isn't he lovely? |
I love love love the box you sent me. COOKIE DOUGH!!!! I was in heaven! Thank you soooo much. So about the money and not sent cards. I can be crazy. Don't worry, when I get back, I'll be more careful and mature ;). I love the bag, it's perfect for me so far.
| Sister McKayla Johnstone from elementary school. |
I haven't given the Bishop the scripture yet. One of my favorites is Psalms 27:7.
Love,
Mo Jie Mei.
No comments:
Post a Comment