| Mustache Week...I wore that to scare the new sisters. It is a Sister Training Leader's tradition. |
Ni Hao Mama!
Hey, it's the last P-Day!
Guess what Guess what? I got my flight plans! I leave next Monday at 3:30 am. Guess who is going with me??? Sister Williamson, we both have the same time same flights and we are freaking excited! This is Brianna's first time flying a plane so I am so lucky to be able to do it with her. Our flight leaves at 7:30 am then we arrive to Detroit Metro, MI at 12:57. Then leave Detroit Metro, MI at 1:50 and arrive in New York Laguardia, NY at 3:33 pm. I can't believe this is happening. I am soooo excited.
So another exciting news. Since I am leaving early in the morning, I am sure Wendy doesn't want to get up that early, I asked Permission from the MTC district to Skype with you and they accepted. Because I am Deaf and can't hear on the phone, they have special exemptions for people like me. So I can Skype with you on Sunday Night. I am free between 5:30-7 so let me know when it's the best time to Skype with you. Send me all the information I need to know to contact you and the time and anything else you could think of. I am SOOO excited to see my hot mama. I only have 20 minutes with you on Skype just so you know but 20 minutes will be so worth it.
| Me with two of the new sisters |
I am starting to pack, I will be sending a box or two back to you this week since my suitcases have to be 50 pounds. I am so happy and I can't believe it's happening for real. I really can't wait. No I did not find my gray skirt :(. My back and neck has been hurting lately but I think it's because I sit all day in class and breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I think I'll be better in New York since I'll be walking a lot. Yeah, please send the vitamins. I think it could help me.
This past week has been one of the hardest weeks I had to face. All of the wonderful sisters are leaving. Yesterday was hard because while Sister Strong was being interviewed by Brother Hardy (1st Counselor) President Teng came into the room knowing that I wasn't being interviewed. He talked to me as a father would talk to a daughter. He knows my struggles and gave me advice. He said the struggles were beyond the line. Then he looked into my eyes and talked about some personal struggles he knows I am going through. President Teng cried with me and said, "The Lord is in Charge. I don't know God's plan, but no matter what happens, you'll be ok." I prayed for comfort and peace overwhelmed me and I could feel God's love so strongly. I know that when we face trials we will be okay because we are not alone. A scripture just immediately popped into my head after I prayed and it was as if the Lord was talking to me, "I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you." (John 14:18) Now looking back to this MTC, I saw so many miracles and how the Lord has not left me for one day, one hour, one minute, and even one second. He has always been with me. He has answered every prayer through feelings of peace and guiding me where I needed to be. Through scriptures, through nature, through others. The gospel is very powerful and it does heal the questioning soul. The Lord loves all of us. I smile everyday because of the Lord's love for me and for all of us.
| Sister Jenkins and me |
| We are unique! |
No comments:
Post a Comment