| My friend Maddy from college |
Dear Mamasita,
Glad things are going good and busy. I love Peach Days and miss it so much, those were the days haha!
This past week has been a little bit better. Remember how I asked for a Priesthood blessing to help me get stronger. I felt the burden was being lifted. Monday was really hard and I had a feeling to fast on Tuesday. I fasted Tuesday till 4:30, and while I was fasting, I felt prompted to serve my companion. I made my companion's bed almost every morning. I changed to a different bunk bed above Sister Hughes's bed so that my companion could sleep well and not hit the ladder with her feet on accident. We have a mirror/desk we share and I decided to do my hair and makeup either in the bathroom with everyone or out in the hallway so we weren't late to class. I carried her tray from the cafeteria to put it away. I have increased my love for my companion.
A crazy thing happened. On Sunday, President Teng asked us to meet with him. We went into a small classroom and talked with him. He gave us the responsibility to be Sister Training Leaders. At first I was hesitant because I wasn't sure our companionship could do it but I felt comforted at the same time because this is what the Lord wanted us to do and He knows what He is doing. So we are watching over about 20 girls plus new girls that are coming in this week. I am so excited to see the new girls.
Last night, during companion prayer, I felt prompted to say one good thing about my companion. So I told her her strengths and what I love about her. I told her that she was a very dedicated person and I can tell how much she loves the gospel and how much she cares about her investigator and how much she wanted to help me with Chinese. My companion then said this to me: Sister Moore, I envy you because you love people so much no matter how bad they treat you or I treat you. You just easily love others. Other people love you too and I envy you. I was taken aback, I was surprised, and I can tell that she loves me through that small conversation that can mean something so big. The Lord's amazing and I acted on the prompting of the Holy Ghost. It's wonderful.
So last Thursday, I was in class and we were doing one on one with the teacher. Brother Lew asked me to say a word, "Believe." I couldn't remember the Chinese word for it so I asked him to pronounce it for me. He did, but the room was so noisy for me to hear. So I asked him to write it down for me and he misunderstood me and he kept trying to help me say it over and over and over again. I couldn't hear him. The Chinese word for believe was "Xiang Xin". When I said it, the tones were wrong and my companion tried to help me and Brother Gerber jumped in and tried to helped me and my brain was so stressed and the reaction came..... I cried. I was mentally fine after about two minutes but my crying couldn't stop, my breathing was uncontrollable and I was like that for about 2 hours. Dinner came, and we went back to class. The teachers were so amazing that they said that they were amazed with my deafness and how I was called on a Chinese Speaking mission. They said that we can't be perfect in Chinese and it is okay to cry. The Elders jumped in and comforted me with their words. One of them even got me a doughnut and always asked how I am doing every day and asked if I needed help with anything. I guess I needed to cry for a reason because through that I can see how much they love me and care for me. Sister He (our other teacher) I love that teacher so much, saw me and gave me a great big hug. She was speaking to me in Chinese in my ear and a miracle thing happened, I was able to understand every word she was saying to me. I needed that hug, and I needed to hear what she had to say. She said that I was a strong person, and how the other teachers love and admire me and how amazed they are with me. She said that it was okay to cry, she said that she loves me and that The Lord is helping me and that I will continue to improve, she goes on saying more things. Her big hug and words just touched me so much.
Things with Han Ge Hui is really good, we have been teaching him and he is becoming more happier and having more hope for his life. We asked him if he wanted to be baptized, he said "no" because he didn't have the full knowledge of the gospel. I felt prompted to tell him that he doesn't need a perfect knowledge before he is baptized. I told him that we are still learning something new each day and improving everyday. The Lord doesn't expect us to be perfect but He does expect us to try. I didn't know some of the words in Chinese and I just happened to say it. It was like the Holy Ghost speaking and not me. He smiled and said he would pray about it. We said goodbye and my companion looked at me and said, "You Rocked. You did really good."
Li Zhi Hao.... that's another story.... He is improving. We didn't prepare a lesson for Li Zhi Hao because we couldn't figure out what his needs were and we decided to wing it. We walked in unprepared but what's cool is that I was able to understand every word he was saying. I just couldn't answer his questions in Chinese and told him that we will teach him about it next time. He wanted to know about Nephi's parents in 1st Nephi. We taught him that Nephi had really good parents and that they were strong in the gospel.We talked more about Nephi and that because Nephi had faith, they received blessings from God. He asked what kind of blessing Nephi received? I told him that he needed to read 1 Nephi 3 and 4 as his commitment and we will talk more in depth about it. I can't wait to see what happens in the next lesson.
I can tell you that this past week was tough but I decided to look for the best in it and now looking back, the Holy Ghost has been helping me through it all and it has been very rewarding. I made new friends with the sisters especially in our zone. I just love each girl so much. They are so positive and uplifting and so powerful in the gospel. I just admire each one of them and love to be with them. Most of the sisters in our zone leave this week and it breaks my heart. But what breaks my heart even more is that the the sisters don't have their visa yet and might not be able to leave till the day I leave. (Honestly, I am a little bit happy that their visa hasn't show up because we can spend more time together but I know that Taiwan needs them more than I do) I am praying for them. Two of the sisters know sign language so we sign ALL the time.
So I met a sister, her name is Sister Kimball and she knows sign. She is very chill and such a tom-boy. We related to each other in so many way. She is the one in the laundry room picture with me on the left, not the red hair one. She is going to Cambodia, so I was hoping that you could send me some of Sister Thain's bestest letters through Dear Elder or something. Like a little info on Cambodia and how much she loves her mission. I told her about Sister Thain's background and that she was the sweetest happiest girl on the planet and how strong she is through her trials.
| Jessica, one of my college friends. |
Ohhhh Brianna, I love her so much and I am proud of her. Of course she is bubbly and happy. We only host twice so I won't be able to host her :( but I can't wait to see her. I can't believe she leaves the same day as me! I am so happy.
The fox story, wow! That's scary!
I love you mom, you are my best friend and you are Brandon and Justin's best friend. You are the best mother we could ever ask for! We always say that you're our hero! Thank you for being such a big example to me in my life. I think about you everyday and I pray for you in every prayer and I know that you're being blessed. Thank you for showing me how to love everyone no matter what. Thank you for being an example. You have given me a legacy in my life.
Love you!
Mo Jie Mei
Sister Moore, your China Doll
PS. If you say my name correctly in Chinese, it means "Mind your own business" Sister.
If you say my name with the wrong tone, it means "Devil" Sister. Haha!
PSS can you send me Lori's address. I really want to write her!
LOVE YOU HOT MAMA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment