Monday, October 20, 2014

Some people like to feed me...look at her long hair!

 你好 mama!!!

I want to tell you how much I love you very very very very much! You're my top #1 best friend. Thank you for the package you sent us. We both love it!!! We ate the cookie dough the night we got it hehe. Love everything that was in the box!!! So what does the MMF really do? It's really helping with my neck, shoulders, and back. Last week I hurt my foot for some reason and its hurts to walk. But  持守到底 (enduring to the end).

So we did not get a chance to go to the Brooklyn Bridge :( we spent our whole day playing volleyball and didn't have time to go. We will later though. I found out that once our elder arrives from the MTC in a couple of weeks, we will go to the Statue of Liberty. We can get on the Statue of Liberty! :). I know the elder who's arriving. He became an awesome friend the last two weeks I was at the MTC ever since we find out we were going to the same mission.

So last Monday, something crazy happened: So we went to the church for family home evening and we walked in the church and two elders were saying crazy things and we couldn't understand what they were saying... They said something about the fire alarm going off and so forth. We were still confused. They decided to show us..... Our church has 3 floors. We went to the top floor and turns out that the air conditioner hose turned loose and the water sprayed everywhere.  Our missionary closet was completely destroyed and unfortunately, most of our items were destroyed! The young women's room was partly destroyed, the floor was really wet and the ceiling was falling apart. Since the missionary closet was full of water and it leaked through the floor underneath which is the bishop office and his room was destroyed as well. Water dripping everywhere and the ceiling falling apart.  One miracle thing that happened was that the bishop's nice desk, computer, laptop, and printer were not wet or near the water but the water was all around it. It also leaked through to the bottom floor.... Yeah.... Our church is basically falling apart..... All the missionaries and two members and a church janitor all worked together to clean and save what we could save. It was really sad to see our many Chinese stuff being thrown away.... I was covered in plaster and my dress was wet from carrying wet stuff out of the room and from the dripping ceiling. The best part of the night was that the zone worked together and we all built our unity. We needed that.

I would say that the best part of the mission is learning how to be guided by the spirit.  Remember the lady  that asked a lot of questions and said that we are too young and inexperienced. We invited a member Christina Lam for the 2nd visit to help us with Sarah and it was like 2 hours long. It was really good. I felt prompted to tell her my experience with something. She was wondering why God wasn't giving her the answer. We realized it was the answer that she wanted in her own way. We all explained that answers come in different ways. Scripture, family, other people, thoughts, feelings. The spirit kept pushing me to share my experience and finally I told her something. I told her that my dad was sick and I was having a hard time with it one day, and I just went to my scriptures and just opened it to the page that was John 14:18. I felt comforted and peace come over me. She then said, "that has happened to me....." I told her God has given her an answer already, we just need to look more closely. I was filled with the spirit of God at that moment and felt prompted to tell her this, " I don't know why I am feeling this right now.... But I know God wants me to tell you how much He loves you and that He has been with you your whole life. He is watching over you. (She started to cry, and I cried too) We love you so much and you are a beautiful daughter of God." Her Korean friend was there too and she can't speak English but she was crying. We all cried together. The spirit was so strong. She said the closing prayer thanking God for the love she hasn't felt in a long time and knows that we truly care about her. I cried again. There are people out there that need love, and we can give them love through a smile, hug, kind words, service, and so forth. I felt God's love so powerful!! I was very lucky to meet her daughter. She's four and she is the cutest girl ever!


So I've been sick this past week, headache, stomachache, sore throat..... Headache because our apartment is super hot and we don't sleep at night. We struggle to fall asleep. Stomachache because... My body was use to Chinese food and we went out for American food and got sick from that or the cookie dough (the picture I will send will explain why) and sore throat because winter is coming soon.





















In our apartment, our cooking pan broke, told you about the flushing the toilet situation , apartment super hot, bathtub knob broke, our microwave broke as well, everything is falling apart haha.

So I think it's pregnant month. One day I was passing out free English class cards, I saw maybe about  50 pregnant women in one hour. There was a Spanish guy and he came up to me and he was right up at my face and started giving me a story about how he is from a boxing family and has lesson on how to beat people up. He moved his arms and hands around like he was beating someone up and some came close to me....Elder Johnson ran over to me and said, "I think your companion needs you." So I walked towards my companion. Creepy moment.

So I am handing out "Free English Class" flyers to people and I saw two Chinese people signing. I think they were signing Chinese sign language and were being immersed in American Sign Language. So I waved for their attention and they looked at me. I started signing with them and one Chinese person wanted to talk with me and the other one got mad and pulled her away from me and was saying stuff about how they shouldn't trust me. I didn't get the chance to tell her I was deaf. I was so frustrated that I wanted to scream. I haven't signed for a long time and I was happy that I was finally signing with someone and then I was rejected. I had to do the breathing exercise and ate lots of chocolate haha. I feel better now. Now that I am looking back to that moment.... Man I am laughing right now. Psssshhhh deaf people ;)
So let me tell you about Spider-Man.  He is super helpful with my missionary work.  I can say the lesson in my mind, but I can't say the lesson out loud to a person.  So someone challenged me to use Spider-Man to teach the lesson out loud to.  I thought it was stupid and it was a struggle at first.  Ever since I have been teaching Spider-Man the lesson out loud, my teaching skills have been increasing.  He is my 2nd favorite superhero. 



Family History is important. Our recent convert, Albee Zhao is super awesome. We taught her about family history and how we can do ordinances for the dead. I showed her my pedigree chart and family tree online and she is super excited to get that started. We helped her sign in and she is now finding information from her family. It's amazing how excited a person can get.

I absolutely love the members here. They are super helpful. They speak Chinese to me and if I understand them, we go back and forth. If there is a part that I don't understand, they will tell me in English. I love it. Even though the ward is super small, they are super awesome.

I had my interview with the president and when I walked in the room I felt like the environment changed. It's  like I was weak and full of love. President was super amazing and I just love feeling that feeling when I am  around him. I felt super loved. He said he really admired the work I was doing and told me that I need to take things slow and be patient with myself. He knows I've been working too hard haha. 

We have trials for specific reasons to get us to where we are now. Because we got through our trials we can help others go through theirs and see the blessings they can receive. We have been through a lot and you mom have been able to help many people who associate with you. Your love shines so bright. I know I got that from you ;)

I love you mama!! I am hoping to find Brandon a gift so I can send it to him soon. I've been thinking about him a lot!

Love the backyard. So beautiful and I'm happy for Randi!

So sad about Julie Robinson. My heart breaks for her. I will pray for the family.

Love you,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment