Monday, January 19, 2015

Ooooh lala Hot Mama!

Dear Mama!

I may or may not to forget everything I will be writing due the shock of you having a boyfriend. You sound like a giggly high schooler when you talk about him and I am happy for you!! Man, you and that dude at church? Really??? And the Visitor center haha!!? He kind of reminds me of Justin's dating plan.
 
I had a feeling to go see one of our members, Helen in Forrest Hill. We sat talking and she is a single mom with one son. She has to work and has school. So I told her about you. I then looked at my watch and said, "In fact I think my mom is on a date right now with a guy." Helen said, "Let's pray right now!" She prayed and now her prayers were answered. You got a boyfriend.
 
Helen is amazing and taking classes to major in respiratory therapist. She struggles a lot with life and her son but has strong faith and hope. We talked to them about building their faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ because the gospel is the only way to true happiness. We talked to them about the 5-5-5 family plan. It's when they come up with a goal of who they want to bring to church, baptism, and to the temple in one year. We explained that ever member is a missionary and being a missionary is one of our responsibilities to make sure the members know they are the main point of bringing others to come unto Christ, they are the main people to build up the kingdom of God. Helen is helping her son learn how to be a missionary. They challenged themselves to a few goals and asked us to follow up with them on Friday. I am super excited. She said to us, "I don't know if you know this but I needed you two here at this moment. People put on their happy face but really inside they are struggling. You guys should visit more members" I felt like I followed the prompting of the spirit along with Sister Wang. Such a cool experience!
 
So I was having a hard time with Sister Wang, we decided to have a companion inventory and she hates companion inventory. So I told her my struggles with her and other things... She looks at me and said, "You seriously need counseling" that's all she said. I was so angry at that and told her that I will never talk to her about my problems again. We were at home and she made sure she stood by me or sat by me and it was so annoying. If I am in the kitchen making food she has to be there. If I am sitting on the bed she has to be there watching me and talking to me. I wanted to be alone. I told Sister Wang that I was going to change. The next day, we did complimentary street sweep and we haven't done that for 2 months. Elder Johnson was in charge and he knew we needed to do this, at that moment I did change. I was happy and enjoying life. I was complimenting everyone I saw and sharing the gospel and I was truly happy. I then realize that the gospel is the only way to success and happiness. Serving those around me gives the best feeling to me. I moved on from the past of negativity and anger. I learned how to repent daily this week, whether I sin or not. I did want to change to become a better person and it does make a difference. Faith does lead to repentance.
 
The day I was really mad with Sister Wang and myself... I received a letter in the mail from Clair Pilling. Her letter was exactly what I needed. She wrote a little note about a specific letter and said, "This is a letter from Heavenly Father" I read the letter and my heart was full of peace and love. I know Heavenly Father was looking out for me in that moment. Sister Pilling knew I needed this somehow. I am forever grateful for this experience. Best letter ever!
 
So I decided to love Sister Wang and things are going good now. We just accomplished our goals three times in a row now. Ba Bam!!
 
I told Sister Wang about the msg and she makes sure I get the right food that doesn't have msg and I still got a headache and dizziness but good news, I am doing a lot better.
 
One of our investigators, Li Shu Ling changed her baptism date to Jan. 30 so her son could come to the baptism. I am so excited!! First baptism.
 
Another of our Investigators, Jean has softened her heart to the gospel and I can see a change. She always asks hard and profound questions but we were able to answer them. We met with her 4 times already and she finally kneeled down to pray with us. Really cool lady.
 
A lady texted us and showed up at the church and we met her for the first time. She was so eager to learn about the gospel that she stayed for the Chinese branch AND  the English Branch. She is awesome and eager to learn.
 
One of our members invited two of her friends to church and introduced them to us and they were interested. The work is hastening on!!!
 
About Michelle, I am not sure if you remember her and my first experience. We didn't really like each other and she was always teasing Sister Johnson harshly. Now that I am building that relationship, I really love her! She has been an investigator for 4 years now and doesn't believe in the commandments. She doesn't think we need commandmenst. If you and Michelle happen to be talking to each other, maybe say something relating about the gospel and stuff like that. You can be a missionary too! She really loves you.
 
I arm wrestled with my missionary grandma Tina Chen. I bested her three time and she beat me one time. That one time I kind of injured my wrist and I also snapped my finger and now it's purple :) I am truly taking care of myself.
 
So Chinese New Years is coming up.... I am in charge of choreographing the dance with Sister Hironaka of Hip Hop and Elder Johnson is in charge of lion dance and cha cha dance. We are doing a parade and wearing costumes and it's gonna be one of the biggest event here in Flushing! I am super excited!!
 
I will hit my 6th month mark this week :) I will be going to the temple with Sister Hironaka and Sister Johnson for their one year mark next month. I am excited!!
 
I am going to the Brooklyn Bridge today for sure! A few weeks ago all the missionaries were at a member's house for one of our elder's birthday. Elder Johnson didn't want to eat this one specific food and asked me to eat it. I said no because I was soooo full. He said I will do something for you if you eat this... Ugh.... I told him he has to take me to the Brooklyn Bridge and that is what we are doing. Yay!!!
 
I love you mom and I hope everything between you and that yummy handsome guy work out. I already like him. Sounds like such a sweet man! If you two get married, you have my permission ;) He is definitely treating you like a princess!!
 
Love ,
Sister Moore
 
Ps. Next time you send a package, can you send my black shear button up shirt and teal scarf (maybe more clothes) and more garments? Thanks!! Love you!!!
 
I will send pictures later. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment