I wanted to tell you what I learned this past week. It was a very
rewarding week. I do not handle change well, I don't know if you knew
that. But we need change once in a while in our life. I heard a song on
my iPad by Cherie Call that helped me to realize
why we need specific things in our life. My favorite part of the lyrics
(the song was called No) was... "God has the power to protect him and
never let him grow but he said.... No" I learned that He wanted me to
grow and learn from different experiences. President
Calderwood said, "The Lord has called you and Sister Wang to be
companions." I have no doubt that this is true.
Things got tough and better with me and Sister Wang... I have
decided to change and accept the difference. I learned how to love her
through this gift of love I have. I decided to take our issue into a
different perspective. We still have some issues but
they are not really important. I found the good side of her, I found
positive things within her. I love how I can easily make her laugh. I
love how she loves to learn new things. The Lord created each of us
different with different talents. We are just like the
crayon box. We all have different colors within us and together we make a
beautiful rainbow.... Or a beautiful masterpiece of art. That's how
Heavenly Father created us!
But there is a downfall...After I learned how to love her, she has
been too close and touchy with me. She likes to pretend to be a guy and
do weird things. Almost everyday she creates some excuse of why I should
kiss her.... Sister Moore its New Year's
Eve, will you kiss me?? When Elder Johnson and her switched missionary
tags, Sister Wang pretended to be Elder Johnson and tried to kiss me in
front of the real elder Johnson and the real elder Johnson and I freaked
out. At first I thought she was teasing and
then she kept doing it over and over again and she likes the word
lesbian.... She likes to baby me with everything and I hate that. But
that's ok. I know she is doing that out of love.
So we were at our recent convert's place on Tuesday. She is a very
strong member of the ward. I found out that her husband lives in
Singapore and goes to church there. I told the lady that I had a few
friends who were serving there. She got her phone out
and turns out that Sister Strong from the MTC is serving in her
husband's branch. Sister Strong and I ended up talking to each other
through this recent convert. Sister Strong is doing really good. I
look back at the MTC moment a lot but I guess it was time
for me to move on from the past, love Sister Strong, and move forward.
Sister Strong wrote me a really really nice email. Turns out that she is
cool after all.
Living a great life is honestly our choice.... It depends on how we
handle it. Life is too short to handle it seriously or negatively. I am
trying to make it the best mission I can everyday. I made extra effort
this past week and saw the blessings that come
from it. I also noticed that satan was working hard on me through
different people and events but that didn't stop me from working hard. I also strived to be more obedient and more blessings came in. So I strived to work harder and be more obedient!
I really do enjoy my mission. The story you told about the starfish is the best story ever! I first heard about it at Orem YSA from my
bishop. Sister Julia Price and I were in that same ward. The bishop gave
us a starfish pin to help us remember the
story and our purpose. Sister Price wore hers every single day at the
MTC. I think she wore it in St. George too.
I love the New Testament! I am learning a lot of new things about
our Savior. It does really help when you have the desire to have true
conversion. I noticed that I am slowly changing for the better when I
keep my eyes forward to God. The Savior is truly
amazing and He loves every single one of us.
The work here is really slow but I am definitely learning patience
through it all. I know I am learning a lot here. Our church schedule
changed. So church now starts at 9. Our ward suffered a lot. 1: the
Chinese people don't like to get up early 2: they
all live too far and don't have a car. It would make them get up even
earlier....
We as missionaries are working together to support and uplift each
other through our obedience and faith. I know blessings will come.
I am grateful to be here in this mission. I have learned a lot that
I needed to learn and more to come. You're right.... If I wasn't deaf I
probably wouldn't be the same person as I am right now. I wouldn't change anything if I had to start my life over. I
have learned how to rely on the Savior and His atonement more than
anything! I know He lives and loves all of us!!!
I love you mom and I am proud of you!!! Keep working hard. Heavenly
Father is proud of you and He knows your heart and your desire. He will
give you the blessings you need. You are His Beautiful daughter and he
wants you to be happy!! I love how you give service
to everyone around you! You're just amazing!
Love
Your daughter,
Sister Moore
No comments:
Post a Comment