Monday, February 16, 2015


Dear Mama,

This week was a good week.
 
 
We have been practicing the Chinese New Year's Dance. All the missionaries and a few members will be involved. We are doing Hip-Hop and I love it! We don't have a sound system or speaker (whatever you want to call it) for the parade so we decided to do the big fat Chinese drum. Chen Dixiong brought the drum and started playing. He wasn't that good. I looked at the drum and Chen Dixiong handed the stick to me and told me to play and I did. Everyone at practice was so surprised that I could play the drums and that I was on beat. They asked me to play the drum for the parade and I said no... I decided to teach Chen Dixiong how to play the drum and stay on beat. I would rather mess up in dance rather than mess up on the drum.... So we had ward council yesterday and they volunteered me to play the drum.... Ugh. Yay... We will see what happens tonight at practice. I will practice listening to the music and the beat from the phone and apply it to my hand and the stick.
 
Saturday came along and we were able to go to the temple with Fan YongDi for her first time.  I freaking love her. She makes me laugh. She is learning English, she was done first and we both waited in the lobby for the others. She asked me to try and teach her English. So when she said a Chinese word that she wanted to know in English, I taught her. I taught her "Hello" "How are you?" "I'm good" "Church" "I like..." "I love..." She was so funny. There was a man there at the temple, he said hi to us. Fan YongDi said, "I'm good" A friend of mine I met at the MTC was at the temple too. He is serving ASL Manhattan mission. She asked him a question, "How are you?" He said, "I am good how are you?" Then she answered, "I like you." It was so funny! I love how she laughed through it. I would've been nervous to speak Chinese for my first time. She is a brave woman.
 
Li ShuLing got confirmed yesterday and I am happy. She even brought a friend to church and the friend's name is Yang. She wasn't a huge fan of Sacrament Meeting but then came to Sunday School and Relief Society and loved it! She was so interested to learn more about the restored gospel!

We met with a girl name Iris. Her father is a member but now has a job in Pittsburg. The father would not stop talking to Iris about the Mormon church and Iris had the desire to learn more about the gospel. We met with her Saturday and she is such a fantastic person. Iris is 18 years old and attending college and taking generals.  She is learning English right now. She is very willing to learn about the gospel. We invited her to church on Sunday and she came. She loved church and asked us about the Activities we are doing this week. We told her about the Chinese New Year parade and how we are doing the dance. She asked if she could join and of course we said YES. So she is coming tonight for FHE and dance practice. We are have a jiaozi (potsticker) activity on Wednesday and she is going to come. I love her so much! She is definitely golden!

On Wednesday we had sister conference. It's when all the sister missionaries get together in Rego and talk. The topic for the conference was, "If ye love me" Sister Johnson, Lee, Hironaka, and I performed a special musical number....Nearer My God To Me.  I can say it was so powerful. I felt the spirit so strong. We got split up into different groups and I learned so much from each workshop about obedience, faith, the importance of being a daughter of God, putting off your natural man, your body is a temple, and so forth. Afterward we got back together in one room. The program said, "Testimony" I told Sister Eberhand (she is the Spanish sister and we been in Flushing for four whole transfers together) that if I give my testimony she has to come with me. Sister Eberhard said, "It's by invitation" whew I was happy about that. Sister Eberhard and I had to go to the bathroom and the Sister Training Leaders came in the bathroom and asked for me and told me that I am bearing my testimony and they walked away! How did they find me in the bathroom?!? It was powerful when I bore my testimony. I love the spirit so much!
 

 
I've been sick and I think it's the food. I've been light headed and have stomach problems. I am pushing forward but now I feel like I have no energy. Today the district is getting together for our new district leader, Elder Chung's birthday. I love love love Elder Chung. He is the funniest and most caring elder I have ever met. We are going to eat at a Chinese/Korean/Japanese buffet and its $20.... I'm going to die. Then afterwards we are going to eat with Fan YongDi.... I am going to die again. Yippee! 
 
We were definitely protected by God. Our oven and stove went off this past week so we tried to cook without a stove. The Elders found out that our stove wasn't working so they decided to come over and fix it. If elders don't know how to cook how do they know how it works haha. It turns out that our stove was not working because of a plug that was not plugged in... How embarrassing haha. So, while the elders were working on the stove... There was a flammable spray hidden by the stove and the elders grabbed it out of the way. Our whole apartment could've  exploded. Luckily the elders found it and moved it. It's been there for a whole two transfers. 
 

 
I was reading from my BOM, I started reading from 1 Nephi 1. I wish to become like Nephi. He was so young but has perfect faith. He has the desire to know of the things which his father saw. He desires the gospel, he desires to know the truth. He was willing to sacrifice everything for Heavenly Father. I really like 1 Nephi 2:19. I hope to return with honor from my mission and life and be worthy enough to be in His presence. I am forever grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I have come to rely on it more than anything and I love love love how happy I am because of this gospel.

I still love Sister Hironaka! She still makes me laugh super hard and listens to me and always want to help me!

I am happy for your engagement, Dan is an awesome guy! Are the Facebook photos the engagement photos? I am happy to hear you're happy.

Please pray for:
Iris- our gold investigator
Li ShuLing- to continue to come to church and prepare herself for the temple
Crystal- to know this is the true church and not have the desire to break the law of chastity
Wang Fei- LA, have the desire to come back
Sarah and Jerry- our great potential investigators who are always busy
Jenny Liao- have the desire to come to church 

I love you mom!
 
Love,
Sister Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment