

Dear Mom,
On Saturday, we got the transfer call. We all thought we were going to stay since we had changes last transfer. Apparently that was not the case. We have 6 Chinese speaking sister missionaries and now it has been reduced to 4. Sister Wang and Sister Wang ( both are the only actual Chinese people) have been called out. We all think they are going English so we will find out tomorrow where they are going at transfer meeting. We now have four American Chinese speaking. I wonder what God has planned for us. I am moving out and moving into an apartment right next to the church. My companion would be Sister Hironoka. We are both nervous. We are combining two pools together and it's gonna be big. We both don't know the language very well but we know as long as we got faith in the Lord, everything would be alright. I feel like this coming transfer will be hard but super fun and amazing!!
On Thursday I was doing exchanges to Freeport and the town is kind of dead but I love it there anyway. I missed Flushing though. My companion was Hermana Maddox and she was really cool. We got to volunteer at the soup kitchen and feed the homeless. It was hard for me to see people homeless and kids too.... There was also a fight there over food I think. But mostly everyone was still happy. They were grateful to be here and what they have in their life. Hermana Maddox taught me a lot about humility and obedience and I really admired her.
So guess what?!? We had a baptism yesterday! That was a miracle!! Li Shu Ling was interviewed and passed. I hope you can feel my joy. When we met with her, I literally cried when she said she wanted to get baptized. I literally cried when she passed her interview. I literally cried when she was baptized. I also gave a baptismal talk. People said my Chinese has definitely improved a lot! We also skyped Sister Johnson in for the baptism and it was so great to see her after a whole month. We laughed and we had a good time over Skype. She is still amazing as always!
So if you really think you are going to marry Dan, you have my permission and you don't have to wait a year for me to come home for the wedding. A sister missionary here in this mission told her story. Her parents are divorced and her mom met a man and wanted to get married but didn't want to wait a whole year for the daughter to come home so they decided to contact the mission president if they can get married in the NY Manhattan temple and bring their daughter and President Calderwood said yes. They are getting married in May. If you want, you guys can get married here.... Where the coolest temple is.... Manhattan! That would be a dream come true ;) You can ask my mission president and I can be there to witness it :) Wow! You guys really love each other. The pictures makes me happy.
I don't know what size my finger is.... I think it was the same as your wedding ring. Maybe size five....
My garment top is S and my bottom is XS-B
So we have a Chinese New Year parade on Feb. 21. All the Chinese missionaries are performing hip-hop. I love it!!! I can't wait for that big day!
People you can pray for from both mine and Sister Hironaka's pool:
Jenny and Gao Liao- been our investigators for four months. Just need to come to church.
Lin Jiao- was supposed to get baptized on Sunday but doesn't have a marriage certificate yet.
Ellen- less active. Only believes in the bible because everyone believes it. Refuses to read the BOM because not everyone believes it.
Helen Zhang- she is a member but struggling. She is a single mom and has one son name Lawrence and he is 14. He is thinking about leaving the church and now being rebellious. I sat next to Helen in sacrament yesterday and she put her hand in mine and put her head on my shoulder and cried. She is in college trying to major in respiratory to become a respiratory therapist. I told her a lot about you. She speaks English.... If you can, maybe send a letter for her to me and I will give it to her. I think it will help her.
I think these are the main people for now!
I love you mama!!
Love,




No comments:
Post a Comment