Monday, July 6, 2015

Sister Hironaka and me with some awesome photo bombers!


Dear Mom,
 
This week we got to go to the city and meet the new mission president. Guess who drove there? Me! I prefer driving in Utah. Anyway, President Reynolds and his wife, they both are so sweet and tiny. The next day, we had our interview with them. Seems like my last six months here will be really good. I am excited to see what he has in his plan for me.
 
I have been praying about extending a transfer. Every time I pray I had a feeling that was like a no. I wanted to talk to President Reynolds about it in my interview but  I couldn't get it to come out of my mouth. Looks like I will come home in January. I am still trying to figure why it's a "no" feeling. Haha. So I don't know yet about extending a transfer.

On Thursday, we went to Pana's and John's home to help with more of the family history. John made us a good dinner. Let me tell you about their cooking. It's the bomb. They normally cook food that is from all over the world. Like sauce from Greece, bread from Italy, basil from some other country. They love to travel. Anyway, normally when they are praying they say, "O God, Amen" but this time Pana prayed like how we normally pray. It was incredible to see that. She looks at us as if she did everything right "It's amazing Pana!" It was definitely a change there. 

We helped with Laura Frey and she is struggling a lot. I love Laura and she is definitely special. I want to ask you to keep her and others in your prayers. She loves her scriptures and this Friday she is going to bring her bible and share her favorite scripture with us. Normally when we are going over to help her at Puppy Kutz, she would teach us and herself the gospel. She would be a great missionary in this world. She just needs to act on that faith she has. Everything is just not going well for her at this moment. She said, "I am only happy when you guys show up." I love her.

For July 4th, we passed out flyers at the parade it was fun. Everyone goes crazy with their outfits but I had a great time. We went on with our day being like missionaries and came home at 9. All the sudden we were in the war zone. Our house is like in the middle of all the fireworks which were so close to us. All these years fireworks were illegal in Long Island. This year, it's now legal. So people can shoot fireworks in their own home on their street. So we had a great view and lots of smoke. We had one on the north side, 2 west side, 2 east side, and 2 south side. Three of them were our neighbor's firework show. That's why it was war zone.

Yesterday at church was incredible. All of our deaf members went up to bear their testimony. It was powerful. Jeanette bore her testimony in Spanish and bishop translated. Brother and Sister Sorace bore their testimony in ASL, and Sister Passey translated. They provided a great example for Pana and John. I thought it was amazing that ALL the deaf member bore their testimony. It was a big wow!
 
We then taught Sunday School with the deaf and taught about sacrament meeting since Pana and John never partook of the sacrament. They admit that the reason why they come to church 20 minutes late is because they didn't want to take the sacrament.... Why? Well Pana doesn't like taking the water because it's "tap" water and taste awful. That's a weird excuse so please pray for them so they can come and partake of the sacrament and open their hearts So they can feel the spirit. Pana did admit that she loves Sunday school so that's a change too.
 
 
Yesterday we talked with our Sister Training Leader, they were saying that the Zone Leaders called and said that South Shore was on fire. They explained that South Shore was kind of dead and now it's alive and is on fire. I am grateful to be here seeing these changes. Again, Sister Passey and I accomplished all of our goals with guidance by the Lord. If we allow Him to lead our life, He knows where to take us. His work is hastening :)
 
Sister Merrilee Vassar was an amazing woman. I am so grateful for God's plan of salvation and how it enables us to be able to be with our family again. I remember seeing her at my farewell in Sandy and seeing her glowing face. She was an incredible example to me of smiling through all of her challenges. She was a fighter and a winner. I know she left behind a good legend. God needed his beautiful daughter home to help fulfill His mission in the next life because she has such an amazing testimony. I love this scripture Alma 40:23 "The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame." I know she is perfect again. I know she is right by Rick and Victoria even when they can't see her. I know she is happy and is in the arms of Heavenly Father saying, "Welcome Home My Daughter." 
 
 
So I know I am 6 months away but I want to make my time at home sort of busy.  I was wondering if I could be a counselor for anything such as LDC or EFY or do humanitarian service or teaching English in China/Taiwan and if there is a application that is needed to be done in advance?? Of course I will spend time with my family too :D I can't wait to get that big hug from you!
Love you all the way from New York!!!

I love you mama!
Love
Sister Moore 

No comments:

Post a Comment