Monday, August 3, 2015

Hey Mom,

So this week was insane and unexpected!


On Thursday afternoon, I got a call from President Reynolds saying that I was moving. I had about 6 hours total to say goodbye to everyone and pack. One sister missionary had to go home on medical release. So now I am in Terryville with Sister Larsen. President said that another change will happen in two weeks when I leave to train and Sister Larsen will be put in a trio. Sometimes I fear that the Lord trusts me too much! 

I really miss Sister Passey and Sister Layton! They are two heck of a missionaries! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love them. They have really helped me a lot in the mission. They really helped me realize a lot of things when I was struggling. Sister Passey has changed so much since the first day I was with her. I am so proud of her and the person she has become. That girl has changed my life in so many ways. She will continue to make a difference in my life and in other's life. Sister Layton is so amazing even though I was only with her for one week. She has taught me a lot and really helped me learn how to become a trainer through her example. She never let anyone get her down and she keeps on fighting with the biggest smile on her face. I really love her. It was great getting to know her. I wish our companionship lasted a few more days. It was sad for me to leave them. But I know I was needed in Terryville with Sister Larsen and Sister Passey and Sister Layton were needed in South Shore and needed each other. They will continue to bring miracles into that land!

Can I just tell you how amazing Terryville is?!?  It's literally a promised land. People are just so amazing here! I am so lucky to be able to serve with our zone leader in the district. The zone leader is Elder Paterson and Elder Seaton. I met Elder Paterson in the MTC. Elder Seaton and I served together in Flushing through my training times. It's crazy! I am also lucky to serve with Elder Olmstead (our district leader) and his fresh trainee who came in two weeks ago, Elder Watson and he is AMAZING. We have such a powerful group of missionaries and we work hard. Sister Larsen is pretty much amazing! She works hard and we have so much fun together. We work well together and I love her! 

I got lucky to meet Linda, she is one of the coolest Recent Converts I have ever met! She is blind and has a service dog, Norine, and she can do everything by herself. She cooks, she cleans, she can text on her iPhone, pretty much she can do everything. She and I hit it off well. What can I say?!? Deaf and Blind get along with each other very well. 

Annmarie is pretty much a da bomb investigator! She has so much going for her and still she has that strong faith with her. She recently bought a quad scripture from Deseret Book. I really love Annmarie and we just got along with each other so well. We think she will be baptized in like 2 weeks. 

Marylou is also an amazing investigator. She came from a not religious background to now believing in God and Jesus Christ. She came a long way. She was just so happy about the gospel. I am not worried about her. 

Melissa and Jessica are also amazing investigators. Jessica is about 14 but recently got  back surgery. Melissa is the mom. Jessica's friend, Andrianna pretty much lives there and she is soooo amazing. She was full on listening to us. Asked great questions! Wanted a BOM, bible, and pamphlet from us, and wanted to say the prayer and said the most amazing prayer ever! She is 14 and so amazing! She needs to get baptized. While we were teaching her, their dog really likes me.... Like a lot.... You know what happened when a dog likes something a lot and they do something stupid.... Yup did that to me the whole lesson and the family didn't care, Adrianna really wanted the dog to leave but the dog bites.  Sister Larsen is sitting there laughing and trying to get the dog to get away from me, and I was disgusted! That is the first time I was disgusted with an animal. Again, Adrianna needs to get baptized.

We went and visited with Katie. I don't know if I ever told you about Katie. Katie is friends with a lot of the missionaries but is not a member. I visited with her before on P-Day and she is cool. Sister Larsen and I felt prompted to show her a video, "You Never Know." We expressed our gratitude to Katie and she felt so happy because she felt like she never made a difference in others' lives. Well, you never know.

We made a plan to meet with a Chinese family who are investigators. We talked with a guy and it was my first time teaching a lesson in Chinese in four months. It was a bit rough but we understood each other. He asked us to come back and teach more this Sunday so I am super excited to teach in Chinese again. 

I want to testify that Children are truly amazing. They are so innocent and pure. When children are born, they are little angels in your arms. Little by little, they show you something incredible and they truly show that there is a God in heaven. I was sitting behind a family at church yesterday. This two year old girl kept looking at me, she grabbed my fingers and she looks up as if she know what Heaven is and then she looked at me and said, "Woah" and "Wow" she held on to my fingers the whole sacrament meetings and did that routine like the whole time. That increased my testimony. It was like she was expressing that Heavenly Father truly loves me. More children bore their testimony than adults. A few adults got up and expressed their gratitude to the children for bearing their testimonies. I am amazed with how many children bore their testimony and little children basically sit and listen to them and want to go up there and bear theirs too. When we visited with Annmarie last night and we had to leave, her daughter who is 7, Mckenzie told us that before she goes to bed she sings, "I am a child of God." She sang the whole song for us and you can definitely feel the spirit in that room. She was incredible. The children can easily show us the way back to God if we truly pay attention to them and we help each other grow and learn. Children are being examples! I love it!

I am sad to know that I will be leaving this place in a couple of weeks. It's beyond amazing! The ward members and investigators said, "We've attached so well together and I can't believe you leave so soon!" We connected so well so fast and that is why I love the people here in Terryville. I miss South Shore a lot. The people there are just so inspiring and I do truly believe that the Lord sends us to a specific place for a specific reason even if we don't understand what those reasons are. I know Heavenly Father's plan is incredible! This week I have come to realize that Heavenly Father is aware of us and our hearts. Let Him In. Let Him Help You. Let Him Guide You To Being Forever Changed! 

I love you! I am grateful to be here! 

Love,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment