Monday, August 24, 2015

                                                      Hiking last p-day
Whew.... What a crazy week.
I found out that I got assigned to serve in Dyker Heights in Brooklyn on Monday, and then on Wednesday I got a text from President Reynolds to call him soon as I can. I was with Sister Beecher on an exchange. I called him. President answered and asked how I was doing. He also asked how much I love the area Terryville. I told him that I loved it. He then explained that the Lord had changed His plan. My trainee had been delayed. He said that he didn't know if she was coming or she is not so therefore he asked me to stay another transfer in Terryville or until if she decided she is coming mid-transfer. When people found out I was staying, they were filled with joy because we all had a connection with each other. I love this ward. In fact, we are going to hang out with members today and have fun. I just love them.

Yes, Sister Larson is still my companion. This week is the last week of the transfer and she has a feeling she is leaving because she has been in this area for 4 transfers. So we will see.  We both want her to stay.  I learn so much here. I feel that I am changing a lot here in Terryville. I feel so much closer to Heavenly Father and am relying on Him for everything. I will always be forever grateful to be here.
It was hard for me. Being in the English program has been hard for me.  I would be out of the Chinese program for 4 transfers but I understood that this was the Lord's plan for me and her. I have seen many answers as to  why I am needed here for a little bit longer. Three of my investigators will be getting baptized in September. They wanted me here for their baptism so bad that they did admit to me that they prayed for me to stay haha. Melissa and Jessica should be interviewed by President Reynolds this week and if they pass, they will be baptized on September 6. Annmarie already passed her interview so she will be baptized on September 13. I am so proud of them. They have come sooooo far. It's incredible!
Another answered that I have received was that someone texted the Flushing sisters to see if I was around. They passed that person to the South Shore sisters and asked for me. The South Shore sister passed her number to me. I texted this person. I came to find out that her name was Sara and she was an investigator that Sister Johnson and I had once taught. It was a year ago. It's crazy because I haven't seen her or talked to her for almost a year. She worked this hard to find me and it was cool to see that. She explained that she had moved to Long Island. I think God had prepared her mind to receive the gospel and that's why she was looking for me. We are going to try and Skype with her and teach her. I am just amazed with this miracle.
Also, the elders and us decided to open pool with each other of the Chinese people and try to get a head start on how to open a pool of Chinese people. It would be a long shot but it's preparation for the future.  So I know I am needed here for few more weeks :)
I had two cool experiences at the temple. I went for my one year mark this week because the temple was closed in July. Guess who got to drive in the city?!? Me! It was so much fun. I feel comfortable driving here haha. I went with Sister Beecher and Sister Anderson to the temple. I really needed that experiences because I was asking Heavenly Father why I was needed in the English program. Why I was asked to stay a little longer. I felt a feeling that everything will be okay and that I am going on the path that He wanted me on. That's when I started receiving answers why I needed to stay.  If any of you have doubts, fears, questions, in need of inspiration or happiness, the temple is the place to go.
That second time we went to the temple we were taking Cara to do baptisms for the dead before she heads back to China. We woke up at 5 am and left. Exhausting I know.... Cara loved it. She felt the spirit soooo strong. She is such an incredible example. We decided to check out the church in the temple and seriously it's the coolest. There was one hallway with a bunch of pictures so Cara and I were looking at the pictures in the church. Sister Cutting said we had to go. I turned my body and I saw a girl I once knew. But I wouldn't believe it because she lives in Utah but she walked closer to me and it was her and we both embraced each other in hugs and just cried. Oh how much I love her. I have missed her so much. Brother Cutting was like, "This is the coolest thing ever! So emotional." We went out to eat lunch and Cara, Sister Julia Price, her friend, and I just spoke Chinese with each other and man, it's crazy! When I was in college, I became friends with a girl from class. This girl found out that I got called to NYNY South mission Chinese speaking. She introduced me to her roommate, Julia that was called to Taiwan for her mission. She lived above me in the same apartment. We talked a few times and then we went to the MTC.  We had the best of times there. I remember we both struggled with our Chinese at that moment because we were starting haha. We both left for our missions. In January, Julia was in a bike accident and broke her leg.  She was sent home and had surgery and physical therapy to walk again. She was visiting her friend in New York who she served with in Taiwan. She had a feeling to go to the temple and there she found me. It was so amazing. We just talked to each other in Chinese 85% of the time. I needed Julia at that time to help me recognize the Lord's tender mercies.
What I just wrote above are incredible moments that I received this week and there are more written in my journal.  It's incredible that once we share our experiences with others, or bear our testimony, that's when we are teaching ourselves and recognizing the Lord's blessings. Sister Beecher and I were on exchange and we both were teaching one of our investigators, Marylou in Terryville. Marylou knows it's true but has a lot of questions. But what hit her the most was, why is God not answering any of her questions. Why is she not feeling anything special. Sister Beecher, a member Susan, and I bore our testimony one how we can receive those experiences. All the sudden, Marylou started sharing her testimony without knowing she was sharing her testimony. The more she talked about her experience with her life, the more she recognized that she has been receiving answers all along. She was surprised because God did answer her prayers. She now has more desire to pray and read the BOM to know if this whole thing is really true. Share your testimony with others, that's when you will be closer with Heavenly Father! That's when we will recognize God's Miracles and Blessings. That's when we learn something new. That's when we receive answers.
I love you all with my heart! Thank you for helping me become the person I am today!
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment