Thanksgiving was really good. We played football with the whole mission and played zone against zone. I didn't play at all. But when it comes to the Flushing Chinese District against the Dyker Chinese District, I played. I scored about two touchdowns, and they were amazed that I was athletic. It's official, the short girl showed her hidden talent. We then went to our bishop's to eat some food, it was so good.
The next day the district got together for lunch to eat a bunch of leftovers the people gave us. Literally it was alot of leftovers. Someone gave us a chicken and we tore the head off. Elder Wutrich said, "Sister Moore, I will give you money if you kiss the chicken's head." I accepted the offer. I kissed the chicken's head and I can tell you it was bad. So I said to him, "Where's my money?" He laughed and said,"I have no money." Tricky
![]() |
| I kissed the chicken, but it didn't turn into a prince :( |
On Saturday we had a thanksgiving party at the church. Lots of cool/embarrassing things happened. Many of our investigators/ less actives came to the party. It was awesome. It was fun to talk to all of them and get to know them more. That was pretty cool. I feel like I'm starting to understand them little by little. We also watched 17 Miracles, the English version with Chinese subtitles. The elders in our district worked on the subtitle part for a few weeks so I am sure they are happy to relax now.
Embarrassing moments:
-I talked with one lady with a boy, "Is that your grandson?" "No that's my son." Oops
- One of the recent converts said I need to pulled my eyebrows off, they are too bushy. Tweezers here I come.
- one of our potential investigator asked if I have a boyfriend. I said no, she said, "I will pray for you to have a boyfriend." Well at least she is starting to pray!
17 Miracles was amazing as always! I wish I was there at that time period to help them through this. But then I realized that we are pioneers of this generation. The world is continuously attacking us with words, actions, items, photos, video, and etc. The world would do anything to destroy our confidence, faith, and standards. Don't! We are carrying this great legacy of our people who have travelled across the plains for us. We need to keep pushing forward! Hold on a little longer. The Lord asked us to bear our afflictions with patience! He will give us His promise by filling our heart with joy and send us blessings! I know that it's true! We are God's great warriors on earth!
We started, "He is the Gift" initiative. We were told it was gonna be big, all over YouTube, worldwide, time square. It's insane. Our responsibility as missionaries is to spread the word about it, share the video, pass out pass along card, discover the gift, and embrace the gift. We need to remember the true gift of Christmas. It wasn't wrapped, it didn't have a bow, it wasn't fancy or rich! It was Christ who was born in the stable in swaddling clothes. Our King who has come to redeem us through the Atonement so we can return to live in God's presence again. Christ is the real amazing reason why we can repent and receive the fullness of Joy.
Some of my wonderful friends
I am also known as the strongest sister missionary. I don't know if that is a good thing.
Guess what? Sister Johnson and I made a deal.... She is not allowed to talk and just signs to me and I have to talk in a British Accent. A lot of people believed I was British. The district couldn't help but laugh at my awful accent. It was funny! She did good signing. Sister Johnson has become my family. I think she's awesome.
So Dkyer didn't think it was fair we beat them at the turkey bowl so they asked us to go to Brooklyn and play again. Obviously we are going to beat them again ;)
![]() |
| This Elder loves to take pictures of himself and put it as my background wall screensaver on my iPad |
I know the Gospel is true. I love it with all my heart. It's hard to forget myself and go to work but I'm slowly getting better at doing that and it's getting easier to get busy. I love the Savior so much and I know the power of the Atonement is true. Once I get on my knees to talk with Him and take my time, I can feel His love more powerful! It's real and it's true! I can't deny it!
I love you! You are such an amazing person with a powerful testimony!! 24 more days till I get to talk to you in Chinese and with a Bristish accent!
Love,
Your Daughter
Sister Moore







No comments:
Post a Comment