Monday, December 22, 2014

 

 

Hey Mom!

There is so much that happened this past week. I think this letter will be super super super long!
We Heart-Attacked someone's house.
 
 On Monday, Sister Johnson and I stayed up till 1 in the morning. We talked, made some videos, took some pictures. She didn't want to leave for Brooklyn. She wanted to stay for one more transfer.
 
This is the bulletin board I am doing at the church.
It is a work in progress.

Sister Johnson, Sister Hironaka, Sister Lee, and I ate out at IHOP it was really good!
Transfer came and went. Sister Johnson and I tried to put on our tough face and left each other. Sister Johnson went to Brooklyn. I stayed here with Sister Wang. 
Sister Johnson and I ran out of toilet paper and were too lazy
to go to the store.  Thank you for sending us this!  Hahaha!
 
To be honest, it was really hard for me. I had so much love for Sister Johnson and it was like my heart just completely shattered into pieces. She taught me how to speak better Chinese, how to laugh through my problems, how to daydream when walking, how to enjoy PBJ sandwich and tofu hot chocolate, how to talk on the phone and be confident, how to be more outgoing and socialize, taught me to voice my opinion, taught me to learn how to take the lead, taught me to enjoy life more and taught me how to believe in myself.
 
Since Sister Johnson was being transferred, we opened our Christmas gifts
a few days early.

 
I have such huge love for the people that I felt alone when Sister Johnson left. I couldn't eat or show as much as love as before. I am trying to cover my heart because it hurts when people leave. Or investigators leave, or people lose their testimony. 
 














Our loving Elders:  Elder Wutrich, Elder Chung, Elder Hendrickson and Elder Johnson

About the profile picture, yes I did change it to me and Sister Johnson and changed it back. 1: I didn't really like the picture of me. 2: I had to accept the fact that Sister Johnson is not my companion anymore 3: It would hurt Sister Wang if I keep that profile picture up. I always knew Sister Johnson and Sister Lee were close because she was funny and I wasn't. I must admit that I was jealous. I hate being jealous. I need to learn how to overcome jealously and overcome things with understanding. I have always had problems with jealously growing up. I have a huge desire to learn how to overcome it.

My new companion, Sister Wang

I kind of have a hard time with Sister Wang. She is cool as a friend but strict as a missionary. She is a native speaker but I noticed that my Chinese has gotten worse, and I never talk in lessons, and whatever I have to say, she tries to top it, if I have a visual resource I need to show and she knows it she takes out her iPad and shows it. She always talks on the phone and I lost my faith on talking on the phone. I can't hear anymore. I did feel alone. I read the general conference talk by Elder Holland, "None Were with Him" I felt the Savior's love and He is walking beside me. I love Him so much. I know that I am never alone!! At least she is talking with people and we have 3 people with baptismal dates now.

 
 
 
 
 
I spoke with the young men yesterday and it went really good! I enjoy speaking to all of them. I could totally feel the spirit in the room. I am also speaking to the young women on Saturday about personal progress. If you have some ideas, throw them to me.
 
One of my favorite people
Crystal
One of my favorite missionaries, Sister Pablo.
She was transferred out of our area.  She
is amazing, funny, and very humble.
 

 
 
 
 

 
We had a ward Christmas Party.  It was fun. 
 
 
 
                                                                  
 
 
 
 
On Saturday we had a miracle happened. We were outside from 12:30-3:30. It was really really cold. My feet were frozen. But sharing the gospel kept me warm. As a zone we went to a hot spot where we can find many people. We showed the video, "He is the gift." We showed 239 people that day. We have 593 for the week and we are trying to hit 700 by the end of this week. We wrapped BOM in different languages and passed them out as Christmas presents. Many people wanted it and we ran out of BOM in all languages. We also did free gift wrapping too. We grabbed a lot  of attention from people. It was cool. Some of the sisters didn't bring their gloves so I sacrificed my gloves for them. All the sudden my hands became warm in the cold. It was like being sheltered by an angel.
 
 
 
 
 
On Saturday...so about finding men.... I kind of have to worry about it here. So on Saturday, 4 different guys hugged me.... Ugh! Why?!? I haven't had a guy hug me since July 23.... It was so weird.  I also was stalked by a guy that I met. He was interested in learning English and then he stalked me on Facebook and kept texting me and inviting me to go to dinner with him and the spa. I just deleted him off and am not responding to him at all. 
 
I love Michelle Wang.  She is our permanent investigator.

 
With Christian, his companion wrote me a few emails. It got creepy that I didn't respond to him at all. He was a little weird. I can't go on certain websites so I don't know how Christian is doing at all. I am happy that he is happy.
 
 I received this for a Christmas gift!
 
 So my plan is to either Skype or FaceTime with you on Thursday at 12 which is 10 at your place. I am thinking about calling dad first at 11 which will be 9 there. I will talk to him for an hour and then I will talk to all of you. I am so excited! One thing I request is hearing Papa's voice from the Christmas story. I am so excited, I can't wait to see all of you!!! I will talk to you more about a lot of other cool things that happen here in the mission. I could go on talking forever! Thank you for being my best friend!!!
The other Wang did this to me.

I love you mom with all my heart!!!
Love your daughter,
Sister Moore


 

No comments:

Post a Comment