Monday, December 29, 2014

The Chinese missionaries together again!


Hey Mama!!!

Well time does go by fast! I felt like I just Skyped with you yesterday!! It was so good to see everyone!!!
So I hope you will get a special letter coming  your way. Hopefully it will arrive safely. I sent Ron and Traci my broken missionary tag too. Hopefully they get theirs soon. They call me their missionary. You and those people are my favorite people ever! 
 
I love my bros!
 
So after skyping with you, we went to eat out with few members. I felt like we walked into a bar for dinner. There was a crazy light show going on and disco balls twirling, and there is flat screen tv placed on every table and Chinese music videos playing along, and it was so easy to get distracted. The music videos had bad things in them, it was hard for our elders too. We also had a lot of drunk people there and people singing karaoke. It was crazy. The food was good until they keep feeding me too much. I was sick for 3 days afterward. I feel better now :)
 
So I spoke in sacrament yesterday that was fun!! I wasn't nervous at all. 
 
On Friday we went to Elmhurst, I am a pro at subway and walking now so I knew where I was going. Sister Wang doesn't trust me with directions. She asked random people on the street and we may or may not have gotten ourselves almost into harm. We almost had someone who wanted to rob us. She would lead and get us further away so I had to lead her and we got to places safely. 
 
Sister Wang and I had our companion inventory two days ago... I have to change a lot according to her so I am going to work on that. I am still trying to learn to be more humble and learn how to change to become better. So I sat listening to her telling me what I did wrong and what I needed to change... Hopefully it will be a good change. She also struggles a lot with my deafness, I have a hard time understanding her but she thinks I'm trying to be more deaf. That's hard sometimes.
 
Sister Hironaka and me
 
I haven't spoke Chinese for two weeks now. I decided to take things to a new perspective. I decided I am going to practicing listening to Chinese, I noticed that I am starting to understand Chinese little by little and actually understand what they are saying.
 
Even though things are hard with my companion, I know I am with her for a reason so I can learn how to develop my patience and love for her. I need her as my companion so I can learn. I may not ever speak Chinese with her but I know I will be able to hear Chinese and develop my listening skills.
 
This is Sister Robertson.  I go on exchanges with her when I go to Little Neck.
 
Thank you all  for developing my faith and keep pushing me forward. I am really grateful for all the youth who want to serve missions! That just makes my heart be filled with joy! We are now at war! We live in a generation where we live in a scary place. It's time to put that armor on and fight that battle by sharing our testimony, being an example to others, going to church, reading the scriptures, going to the temple! I know we will be blessed!
 
I know the Savior lives and through him, we can become better and stronger in all the things we say and do! I know if we just hold on a little bit longer, the Lord is going to bless us with joy and love!
I love you mom and thanks for everything that you have done for me!
Love,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment