Hey Mama,
This week is the last week of transfer. I can't believe time went by so fast.
Yes we went to the mets game on Monday. It was so good to see everyone there. I love talking with Sister Wang! She is hilarious.
So about my health. I am still coughing. Funny thing was, I was reading my Preach My Gospel books and it said, "more important than speaking is listening" and I prayed to God to help me develop that and then I lost my voice for about 3 days. We talked with the mission nurse and she said it's part of the allergies thing with the seasons changing and living in a new area. She said that it's spreading around the mission. I think I get my tiredness and headache from eating bread. I skip a few days without bread and I feel so much better. I have been doing the Isgenix and MMF again and I feel a lot better. I also got a blessing So it's better than last week. I think my body just can't deal with unhealthy food.
The other night, I was praying.... I started to pray in sign language. I felt the spirit so strong. I felt like I was actually talking to Heavenly Father through my prayer in sign language so that is really cool to feel the changes and all!
One night during my prayers, I found that during my prayer I have made a covenant with God to give my service to Him with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength for the rest of my mission and life. When I give my service to my fellowmen I give my service to God and I am much happier this way. I started thinking about how can I still give service after my mission and full of ideas came to me and it was like inspirations so I am excited to see what happens after the mission but for now I am focusing on my mission. One cool thing I experienced was I was reading Dieter Utchdorf talks about regrets and resolution. And I love the story he told about how he is his wife love to bike but Utchdorf wanted to race and push himself above the limit and get to the finish line. His wife said, "Utchdorf,it's not a race, it's a journey...enjoy the moment." We all get so busy at looking in the future at the finish line when we should be focusing on today and enjoying those around us. Are we giving our time to be with those we love and should be with?
Nothing new really happened this week. Our deaf investigators are still on a stable line and Sister Passey and I are trying to figure out how we can help them progress and improve to become more like Christ. Pana and John still ask really tough overwhelming questions but it's a great opportunity to increase my knowledge and stay strong to my faith. I lately feel like they are my grandparents sometimes. We helped them with Family History and they helped us with feeding us haha. Chrissie is great! She loves the church so much and we are going to give a baptism invitation to her this week. We feel she will actually make the change and progress a lot faster of we extend a baptism invitation. We are super excited.
I love absolutely love South Shore. Members are great! Yesterday one member Sister Rosario gave Sister Passey a hug and walked away in the parking lot. Imagine me with my arms wide open waiting for her to embrace my hug. She turned around, saw me, and ran to give me a hug and I think she wanted to pick me up. It was the sweetest hug ever.
Hugs are the best way to show love and all!
Sister Moore






No comments:
Post a Comment