Monday, June 8, 2015

My Chinese friend and my deaf friend at the temple!


Heyo!!!

This week went good. 
 
Guess what! We visited a less active on Wednesday at a place called, "Puppy Kutz" she told us to come back Friday to help out at her place which means.... I got to be around animals again. So I held a wet feisty cat down while she got the cat blow dried and shaved. I got to blow dry and brush a few dogs and we became like best friends. Then she gained her trust with me and had me do more stuff. I love animals!!!! This less active's name is Laura. I was lucky to get to know her. She reminds me so much of Traci and I know without a doubt that if we keep helping her out at her job she will recognize God's love more. She also has a boyfriend who is a musician and gave us his CD for free. She had a friend working there a couple time a week. His name is Paul and he is very Christian and always so happy. I really liked getting to know him. He owns a studio and is a musician. He wants me to come over and play a little drum in the studio haha. Both Laura and Paul love to sing so I feel like Puppy Kutz is a place for a concert. It's fun! It's cool to see their perspective on life and I have a good feeling about those two.
 

Me and Ellie
 
On Thursday a funny thing happened.... Sister Passey loves to cook and always make meals. I always do the dishes. But that night, Sister Passey didn't want me to do the dishes. She was not happy and told me to leave the kitchen but I was already washing the dishes. Guess what happened. She grabbed a cup, filled it up with water, then dumped it on my head.... Like are you kidding me??? I was patienct and laughing to get a good sense of humor. Later Sister Passey came to me and apologized but I was still laughing.
 
Me and Sister Passey
My companion fell asleep during study time :)

 
Later, one of my investigators from Flushing texted me and said she wanted to get baptized. Remember Liz??? She is the one that was atheist. Sister Lee and I started teaching her. She is really cool! She has gone through so much to get here. Now Sister Lee and Wang are teaching her. I kept in touch with Liz through the phone. We are pretty much good friends. Liz is going on a trip to Utah July 28-August 7 and she wants to get baptized in Utah. I don't know if that is possible. But everyone (Elder Johnson, Sister Lee, and Sister Wang) will be home in Utah. If that is possible, I will skype in. Sister Lee and Wang will keep in touch with me about that. But my heart dropped when I heard that. She changed a lot!

On Saturday we taught Pana and John again. We brought a lady who is pro in Family History and things were so crazy and Pana keep getting distracted and not focusing on one family member, for example, "this so and so is my great great grandmother's 3rd cousin's daughter." It's was all over the place. We finally got her settled down to write all the information on one piece of paper. They came to church yesterday and we taught them faith. We did an object lesson which was pretty cool. You get a big ziplock bag and fill it half way with water. Then you get a super sharp pencil. Put the bag over a person's head. "Do you have faith?" Everyone was nervous. So we poked the pencil in the bag, and no water comes out. After 7 pencils poked through, we explained that there are somethings we don't understand but at the end, it always works out. We gain truthfulness and faith by experiences that we have in this daily life.
Our faith object lesson
 
John later admitted that he was feeling something and he felt calm and peaceful. I knew the spirit touched his heart. But his wife, Pana keep saying, "but..." So keep praying for her. She is a tough one. She wants proof but I can see from the first time I met her to now... She is progressing slowly. Keep praying for her.
 
I love South Shore. I feel like I've changed a lot personally. It's amazing to see the Lord's Hands in my life everyday.
Spiritual thoughts: Live each day. Stop looking in the past, stop looking in the future. Live today.  When we get caught up in the past or in the future we will look back and regret the time we could have had. The opportunity that we missed wouldn't be missed anymore as well. Thomas S. Monson said, "Send that note to the friend you’ve been neglecting; give your child a hug; give your parents a hug; say “I love you” more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. Friends move away, children grow up, loved ones pass on. It’s so easy to take others for granted, until that day when they’re gone from our lives and we are left with feelings of “what if” and “if only.” Said author Harriet Beecher Stowe, “The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.”" I know what Thomas S. Monson said is true. I know that if I live today and focus on my mission more, then I feel more success and happiness.
 
Thanks for the birthday wish. I don't believe that I will be 20. I feel like I am turning 16. Yes I still have my baby face haha. I will get the birthday box as soon as I can.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
FOOD!!!
 


I can't believe Ashley planned to go on a mission! She will do awesome!! That call was so inspired especially if her father served there. What language do they speak? I remember right before I left Ashley wanted to do a Navuoo performance mission kind of thing where she is a missionary but can perform still. I know the decision she has made will forever bless her life. She has that strong faith and testimony and I know others need her and I know she will become a strong and more beautiful daughter of God.

Oh no about Dawson! How did he lose it? Can he hear without it?? I will pray for him!


I am so proud of you mom for sharing your testimony. It's an amazing thing of how the spirit works through you and can touch the lives of other people. I know that when we recognize God's hands in our life, we feel more gratitude and more joy like how you felt yesterday.

How is Justin doing? How does he feel about Marriage at this point? There is a general conference talk by President Christofferson, "Why Marriage? Why Family?"
 
I can't believe that Jace is home! How is he doing so far? It went by so fast. Now Aunt Lisa just informed me that Nathan is working on his papers! Wow! Can't believe this!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SENDING ME PICTURES OF HAZEL ROSE! She is soooo cute!!! Can't wait to meet her!!! I really miss the family so much! Thanks for making my day!

Sister Williamson is SOOO funny! I love her!!!
 
Sorry your tooth has been hurting. I will pray for you!

I am feeling better. Still having a headache but more energy. My sore throat and mucus left. My cough is clearing up. I started taking MMF again and my zits are coming back bleh. My period was super weird this past week.

We still have the same deaf people. 3 deaf members. 4 deaf investigators, 2 less active deaf we are working with. Oh, there is a family who attends church in Brentwood not too far from here. They have a daughter who is deaf and knows ASL. Their bishop is going to talk to them about coming to South Shore. We are still looking but the work is still slow. Keep praying for them all! I think to make a branch, have a family with a  
Melchizedek Priesthood.

Yeah, no need to go to Sister Lee's homecoming. That's too much to ask for. Sister Lee did live in Draper then moved out to Kamas after high school. Sister Johnson lives out in Kaysville.
 I want to tell a story, when Sister Lee and I were companions.... It was awesome for the first two weeks and then another sister keeps interrupting our companionship. I was then so self- critical at the time and always so down at myself. That became worse and worse and worse. I felt so bad. I wished I never was like that and I felt like I ruined our friendship of what we could have. We still had great times and all but it could have been a lot better. One thing I love about Sister Lee was that every night before going to bed, she would say, "Sister Moore,'I love you and you're awesome." I miss hearing those simple words because they changed me in so many ways. Now that I am out of the Chinese program, the Chinese missionaries and Flushing missionaries are treating me like," when you're out, you're out" they treated me like a nobody. Sister Johnson was basically the only person that talked to me. I tried talking with others but they looked at me and walked away. Sister Passey noticed it. It's okay because everyone had their reasons and I accept that. But I felt like I matured a lot when I was there. Haha. I hope Sister Lee and I can developed that friendship after the mission. 

So last night I had a dream. I dreamt that dad died while I was on my mission. It was weird. The pain I felt was so real. Also in my dream, Sister Johnson was the only one that really cared about me out of my mission friends. Dad wrote me last week and said that his immune system wasn't cooperating. He said, "Well it seems like since October I have been battling bronchitis, pnuemonia, thrush, laryngitis and asthma in a vicious cycle that never seems to completely go away" it's hard for me to watch him from afar.

Sister Johnson has been such an amazing friend to me. She changed a lot and I went and saw her last week. We tried talking but Sister Lee keeps interrupting so we emailed instead haha. She is like my mission best friend and she is truly my mission hero. I love her.

So we can start facebook now just so you know :)
Thank you for letting me know about BYU!
 I love you mama! Thanks for everything! Thanks for wishing me a Happy Birthday. We are going bowling today as a district for my birthday. How fun! Also today is transfer call. We will find out what happens at 10. I will let you know. 
 
Love,
 
 Sister Moore
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment