Monday, June 15, 2015









These pictures are me and Sister Beecher, some of my Flushing friends, and Sister Hironaka.

Dear Mom,
 
On Friday night we had a lot of miracles! We decided to pass out ASL flyers as a district and do a competition. When we do a competition, we actually have fun and work harder haha. We were passing out a bunch of flyers! We talked with a lot of people and enjoyed getting to know each other! Someone posted about the ASL class on Facebook right on the spot. I kept feeling prompted to go a specific direction and meet some people who said they learned sign language and wanted to look for a class! Someone even called us about ASL class and Sister Passey and I screamed! It was so much fun! I felt bad for Sister Passey because I kept running out of flyers and having to take hers. I need to let her fly sometimes ;)
 
 
 
 
So about my birthday, it was so much fun! The missionaries in my district asked me to bring my present from you to church at 7am. I opened the package. I loved the outfits you sent me. They all fit pretty good! I love the other things too! Thank you so much! Then we cleaned the church and had breakfast at Country Kitchen.
 
 
 
Our deaf investigators, Pana and John, invited us over for lunch. They gave me the sweetest card and a big fat hug. I loved it. They made us hotdogs with special New York style topping  and corn and ice cream. Then we helped Pana with family history and we are making a lot of progress!  Afterward, we had ice cream with Keara and Dallin Wilcox at Ralph's. It was really nice and relaxing and enjoyable. Dallin reminds me SOOO much of Brandon. They act so similar and I just feel the spirit so strong around him.
 
Then we went over to the Rosario Family's place for dinner. The Rosario Family is like the best family ever! We asked Brother Rosario if we can sit on a side of the table and he said yes. Sister Rosario came out and said,"NO!" We were like um.... What? Then she said, "Sister Moore has to sit where the princess cup is!" (The princess cup is a big kid cup with a princess on it) we laughed so hard. We just talked about their life. Sister Rosario said, "When my sister was on her mission, people there would send us pictures and video so I want to try that with you." So that happened. Can you send me the videos and pictures? I want to watch too! They also made my favorite meal! Spaghetti and Garlic bread! Yummy!!
 
 
 
 
Then we went home and found out our door got heart attacked by the sister missionaries! I definitely felt a lot of love on my birthday!
 
Add caption
So I have seen Satan working so hard on us. Now it's our time to fight against him,  but I hope the investigators can fight against him too. I have faith! Yesterday was a stressful day! We just wanted to go home and crash! So our ASL branch has been in the biggest fight ever. They put on a show in front of everyone. Our bishop had to pull them into the office. So our ASL program is breaking apart so hopefully we can fix this puzzle and put it back together.
 
Last Monday, Chrissie and we were skyping. We were talking about baptism and church and how badly she wanted to get baptized and how she knows the church is true. I felt a strong prompting to give her a baptism date. She looked off the camera and told her boyfriend Ken about the baptism date and Ken must have told her something that made her hang up. We haven't been in contact since. One interesting thing is that I never regret giving her a baptism date. Ken and her two sons did not support her getting baptized so it has been hard for her and so we are going to back off and pray for her!
 
Elder Clair is my new district leader. He is an ASL missionary so that is a blessing for all of us. We finally have a priesthood holder to sign the baptism and sacrament. It's funny because I met him at the MTC. 
 
On the bright side! We had a baptism yesterday. Sister Passy used to teach him and I taught him one lesson but then a member was causing drama about us teaching the guy and not her so we passed them off to the elders. So he got baptized :)
 

 
Miranda Zhao, my recent convert, moved to Texas! :(  but here is what Sister Layton said about her, "Oh, Miranda moved :(((( to Texas." We are so sad, but so happy for her.  Honestly, we are just happy we had the privilege of knowing her and helping her receive the restored gospel. She taught me so much! I think Texas will be SO good for her, temporally and spiritually. Her family has a summer
home there, so her mom and brother are coming from China for the summer, as well as her aunt and uncle. She also got accepted to a new high school down there, which is great, because her host family here was..... Well, they were very rude people. We called the missionaries in Texas with her, and
guess WHAT! There are two recent converts preparing to go on missions who are Chinese! I think Miranda about passed out she was so happy. I, myself, was ecstatic! This means they can teach her mom and brother too! Yayyyyyy! It was so sad to help her pack and say goodbye, but you know what, I think I'm actually gonna keep in touch with this one. :)"
So many miracles are happening!!
 
 
           We got to work at Puppy Kutz again!
 

 

I saw my first firefly!!!
 
I am so grateful to be here in this mission. I feel like  South Shore is really helping  me grow up. The Chinese program helped me to speak the language. The English program is helping me become a better missionary. I am looking forward to the future. It's seems bright to me. I got a strong confirmation that I will be getting married fast and having a big happy family. It's crazy. I love this gospel so much!

Love you mama,

Sister Moore 

No comments:

Post a Comment