Monday, November 16, 2015

Dear Mom,

Yes I have no more dizzy spells anymore. I am still lightheaded and still have a headache and I think that comes from stress. I am glad you're feeling better!!

Yes, Linda called me and said she was sending a Christmas package for me. She is the blind lady from Terryville area that I worked with! She called me to tell you that it was from you but I forgot to tell you that there will be a package coming in. I would love to open my packages with you including the one I sent.

I can't believe Kirsten goes home soon! Kaysha and I will most likely give our farewell talk on the same day. Pretty cool right? When is Kamrynn coming home. Brianna told me that she will be getting married in May and  asked me to be her bridesmaid. (Again.... Too stressful) I can't believe Cassidy is home. When does Clair go home? Can't believe next week is the start of my last transfer. 

Wow 2nd counselor!!! I love the YW calling! Of course I would love to help out. Yeah, I will go to both YSA and Family Ward to see which one I like better or which one I should join before making an official decision. The YW president here in Dyker loves me and trusts me so much. She and I are super close. They only have two YW that are active and many inactives. So she told me of her plan what I should get done in the next 6 weeks before going home. So that is a lot on my plate. Pray extra hard for me!

Wow Thanksgiving sounds amazing and having a long break and before you know your little girl, your best friend will be home!!! I am excited for you!!! I can't wait to meet Danny, it will be weird to see my hot mama with a man but I will get use to it pretty quickly!

Yes I heard about France.... So many people told me. I can't believe that happened? Why did it happened? Why would people do those things? I know there is a plan along the way. There was a Chinese couple that came into English class and we hit it off pretty fast. We got pretty close to each other. They told me about France. They cried and asked us to pray for them. I got the strong impression to ask them if they know how to pray. They said no. I told them that we will teach them the next time they come. They are excited and they are pure in heart!

The service idea is great! Yes I would love to do that with you! Brainstorm some ideas. I wanted to do bunch of random projects. One idea that I had few years ago was....'I know this is crazy and that I have the money but I would need sponsorship on this idea. So the idea was, you know about the dream wish? They give dreams to people with cancer. I want to do it in general. People who can't offer an education, I want to help pay for it, or a family who is poor and can't go on a trip, I want to help them. I don't know if it's possible. But yes let's talk about it when I get home!

Today is so warm for some reason. I am sweaty like a pig and don't need my jacket. I hopes its stay like this till I go home haha.

Yes I am planning to send stuff home in like two- three weeks. So plan on it next month!

Hey,
 I am struggling big time...... I don't know what to do anymore. Sister  Johnson and I went on our exchange. It was nice to relax and take a  break and then I decorated her desk and got her ice cream for her 11
 year mark for her adoption. She came home and was surprised. Then  later that night..... Ever since the 2nd week she hasn't been  listening to me. Sister Johnson told me that she hasn't been listening
 to me because she doesn't trust me. I was hurt. She wanted to do  everything herself and I gave her both the keys and the phone and the  training booklet to do herself. We struggled a lot with the work. The
 lessons decreased tremendously..... She gets a little frustrated when  I do some work. She wants to take 100% of the work. Which is harder  because I have 6 weeks left.  I just don't know what to do. I want to come home but I know you will tell me to change my perspective and go to work. I'm trying, it's just
 getting hard. I have no desire because I can't do anything when she is  around or else she will get a little frustrated. I have a little hope.  I really need help. I don't want to train anymore.
 
This week I struggled so much but I know that I can keep going because it will soon be over for "there is opposition in all things." The lessons I have learned this week was that sometimes we get put into a maze. Should I turn left or should I turn right? Should I go forward or should I go backward? Most of the time the answer is, "I don't know." Sometimes we keep going and find ourselves in the dead end or moving ourselves further away from the the destination. My question is, "Have you inquired of the Lord which way you should go?" The choices we make now will affect our future. I must admit that I did pray oft and did fast oft. These two are so powerful together. Few weeks ago we had a district meeting and we talked about how we can build that relationship and trust with church leaders. I decided to fast and pray this week and we called the relief society president and branch president and made appointments with them in their busy schedules. The young women president called us and we had lunch with her. It all happened on the same day I was fasting and it was incredible to see. We talked about their goals, plans, and visions. It will be hard work but I know with faith we can continue to improve the work in this branch. I am excited to see where the next 6 weeks takes us. I also pray and fast for a lot of things and it was awesome to see how the spirit can truly open my eyes to a new perspective. 

We did two maze activities with two people we have taught. First lets talk about Lin Lin. She was a less active we brought back to church. The elders told us that so many missionaries have tried to get her to come back. We said it is because we love her and remind her of the covenant she had made in her baptism. We did a maze activity which we set up all the chairs and the end destination is Christ. We blind folded her and she had to find her way to Christ. She kept bumping herself into the chairs and getting further away from the destination. I was having a hard time watching her, I jumped in and grabbed her hand and led her to Jesus Christ. We asked her how she felt being alone and she said she felt scared and didn't have anyone leading her. We asked her that when I jumped in how did she feel. She responded, "peace." We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how it helped us receive eternal life. A member called and invited her to church and she came. Lin Lin is slowly coming back! 

Then we did it with Lily. Before we started the Spanish missionaries were practicing singing for transfer, Lily wanted to hear them sing and she felt the spirit. We had her go through the maze on her own and she was going through different directions. Sister Johnson jumped in and started speaking to her the right direction and I jumped in as well as leading her the wrong direction and she was confused as to what voices to follow. We sat down and blended the lesson with how Heavenly Father has never left us alone. He has given us tools along the way. The lesson was so powerful and the Spanish missionaries music was in the background. We know that Lily felt the spirit so strong! We can see it in her eyes! She came to church and so many members welcomed her in and it was amazing to see. 

Zhang Yan, one of our investigators should be getting baptized this Sunday. We will see what happens with her husband, Zheng DX. Her husband should be getting baptized with her. He might have to work so pray that everything will work. I am excited! They are so ready!!

I know the gospel is real! I know that God lives and loves us forever. I am so grateful for  everything my Dear Heavenly Father has given me. I know whatever I am going through, with the Savior Jesus Christ by my side, I will endure it well. Let us all help God keep His promise by doing all things He asked us to do so we can return to live with Him again.

I love you,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment