Monday, November 9, 2015

This week was a stressful week but I am glad I went through it to learn and to grow.  We have found so many new investigators, I just love how happy they were to listen to our message and were willing to meet with us and when we called them they dropped us before having a lessons with them. My heart breaks when they don't give us a chance to teach them. I just want to find people to teach and it's hard when we face rejection after rejection.

On top of that, we committed our first investigator, Lily to baptism and she said YES! In the lesson, Sister Johnson and I shared our experience with the gospel and how much it blessed our lives. We taught her lessons and she has changed. She loves the church. I felt strongly to extend a baptismal invitation. I asked Lily these  questions. "Lily, do you know that this gospel can bless you and change you?" Yes. "Do you know what we are teaching you is true?" 100% Yes! "Lily will you be baptized by someone holding that priesthood authority?" Yes! It was an incredible lesson. She came to church and more members became friends with Lily and supported her. It was awesome to see.

We also have an investigator name Zhang Yan! She is so amazing! She knows everything and just recently had a daughter last month. She was taught by the other sister missionaries when they were here and then she had a baby and then now is back to church. She has a super solid testimony and I just love her! We have been working with her and she is now assigned to be baptized on November 22. I feel like I can understand her the most out of everyone. It was awesome!

We have been working with Felicia and we mainly focused on her concern. She is struggling so much! We taught her the importance of us extending commitments to her will help her because she hasn't been keeping them. We taught her the lesson at the tennis court. There were cars driving by, teenager screaming, ball bouncing, wind blowing, and leaves moving around. We told her to pray and tell Heavenly Father everything the way she told us. We prayed and everything went dead silent. The noise around us quieted and the spirit of peace came in and Felicia cried. She said she felt relief. She could feel the love Heavenly Father has for her. It was amazing and I hope she remembers this experience. 

Lin Lin finally came to church, here is what happened. We have been teaching her but she refused to come to church. We had a lesson with her on Saturday about going to church and why it's important. She still didn't want to come. We convinced her by saying we will walk with her to church. She say okay. Next day, we waited outside her house. We see Lin Lin walking toward the house with food. She was so surprised to see us. We asked if she was ready. And she said we can go to church and she'll come later. We told her that we promised her that we will walk together. She invited us in, ate her lunch, and off we went to church. Yup we are two persistent missionaries....Members welcomed her back so I am happy about that. Hopefully she will start to feel comfortable.

This week we have come to find out that Wendy Lian and Chen JM did not go to the temple. Wendy Lian had her period and Chen JM didn't go to her endowment session on time. Guess we will be working with them again and helping them. 

Chinese has improved so much! I am starting to understand again and communicate with them. So that's the work here :)

It's funny that you are having a vertigo.... Maybe I am having the same thing too. I start having dizzy and lightheaded problems since Thursday. It's has been getting worse. Last night I woke up 5 times due to feeling like I was getting thrown off the bed because of how bad the dizziness got. I struggled going back to bed because the room was spinning around and around and it's been getting worse. I don't know if it's related to stress. I have let the mission nurse know and she said she will call you. She feels it's related to my implants.  I told the nurse and doctor that it is not the cochlears but they still want to try and contact them and see if it causes problem. Yes I am eating good. Lots of fruit and vegetables! Proteins and carbohydrates. I got the food you sent me and love it! I eat healthy, I exercise (I haven't done it lately because of my dizziness, I keep hitting myself to wall haha) and lots of water and enough sleep.  It's just weird. Maybe it's the season. My nose hasn't be running or anything. Remember how I had problem like that few years ago and it lasted for a few months?  I feel worse when I am lying down or sitting down. When I stand my brain gets tense and my eyes gets tense. It doesn't hurt but it's like the feeling when you hit your head hard and then you are there but you're not there at the same time.  

I'm excited for HaLee. Have you two been taking her to church? That's so exciting! Are the missionaries elders? Is that right? I can understand how the Elders feel serving in YSA. They serving around youth their age who is dying to find an eternal spouse. I love Jody Rich but hesitant on going to the YSA. I remember going before few times and it was awkward haha. But I did meet Brandon Lavefre! (Forgot how to spell his last name) and he was nice. 

Thank you for sending pictures!! I love pictures!!! Can't believe Harper is getting so big!! I am so excited for the baby boy? Have they come up with a name for him yet?? Yes I would love to come with you in February and be with my family. It would be the best thing ever!

Yes I knew we were spending Christmas together. What is it going to be like? Would the Christmas decorations be up when I get back? Is Brandon, Amber, Harper, Justin, and Emily going to be there too for Christmas? I'm so excited! I was pondering about the Skype thing and I like your idea. I was planning on not skyping at all or skype for a short time since we will be together the following week. Yes, just 2 hours would be good. Have fun with Danny and his family! That's exciting!!!

I haven't heard anything about children of gay parents rule but that is sort of understandable and you're right, it's a revelation from God. It's crazy how all things work out even when we don't understand why. Heavenly Father knows best.

Hymn or special musical number.... Does it have to be a hymn? I have few favorites that have helped change me and relate to me and describe my mission. "Amazing Grace/ My Chains Are Gone" by Jericho road. But I am guessing that's not appropriate for sacrament, but that is my absolute favorite song of my mission. I love Homeward Bound and  If the Savior Stood beside me. Who is a good singer in the ward? I am willing to sign if needed. Haha.

Thank you for telling me about the fireside! That's sound so inspirational and amazing! It touched my heart! I will keep Kendal Levine in my prayers! I am happy to hear that she is improving. I do remember that story. That's incredible!!!

Two nights ago I had a dream. It's was interesting. I was 21 years old, there was a bishop in the ward. He pulled me aside and had called me to be a Young Women President in the ward. I got scared. I started running away and as I was running away I bumped into few of my companions from my mission in different scenarios. Each companion I bumped into asked me what I was running away from. I simply explained to them. They told me this, "God has called you to do this because He trusts you." "Don't be afraid and rely on the spirit." "Let God guide you." They were telling their testimony on how the Lord trusts me. It was interesting to dream that. I related it to my calling as a trainer. The Lord knew I was to face the unknown reality but knew I could do this as long as I rely on Him. I know I can do this even though it would be hard but it would be worth it in the end. All I can do know is focus on the Savior and His purpose. It would be interesting if I become a young women president at 21! I love working with youth and want to work with them and help them reach their potential!
Trusting in The Lord's Plan for Me
This is my personal testimony of the Atonement. 
I was on my 5th transfer and I was sitting across the desk from President Calderwood. He asked how I felt if I were to leave the Chinese program. I told him that I will go and do the thing the Lord asked me to do. He smiled so big. Transfer came and I was leaving the Chinese program. Even though I did say that I will go and do the thing the Lord asked me to do, It was still hard because I couldn't understand why I was leaving. I was called to be a Chinese speaking missionary and why am I leaving. The work started to hasten and why now? Many questions appeared to my mind that started to discouraged me and frustrated me personally.
It was hard being out of the Chinese program. President Calderwood said, "Sister Moore you're only out of the Chinese program for 2 transfers." I worked with Sister Passey by my side in the ASL program. It was so fun serving with her. 2 transfers went by and I was asked to stay another transfer to be in a trio companionship. I got the call that I was training a Chinese speaking sister missionary in 5 weeks. After being in a trio for a week, the new mission president, President Reynolds called me and told me that I was moving to a different area that night. He simply explained that there was a sister missionary going home early on a medical release and that I was assigned to another sister in a different area that was English speaking. I packed up my stuff and left for Terryville. My companion was Sister Larsen. Yay!! Another area to serve! But it had never crossed my mind that this companion and this area would forever change my life.  Background information: My entire mission I have focused so much on my personal weaknesses and the things that I couldn't do. I was allowing them to be a great burden to me. 
Later I have come to find that I would not be training anymore and was staying another transfer with Sister Larsen. President Calderwood said two transfers and I have been out of the Chinese program for 4 transfers. I have come to accept the fact that this is what the Lord wanted me to do. Sister Larsen and I both have our personal struggles and spoke them out with each other because we relied on each other and we wanted to help each other so much. I have always heard the word Atonement and have never applied it into my life. I never truly understood the meaning. Everyone spoke of it and testified of it and I had a huge desire to understand it but never could. Sister Larsen and I realized that the Atonement is essential to real healing. We just didn't know how to apply it. The first step we both felt we needed to do was to  pray to our Father in Heaven and that was the start of recognizing the Atonement's enabling power. Because we talk about the atonement and submitting our will to our Heavenly Father through prayer we were able to understand the true meaning of it. David A. Bednar said, "As we come to better understand this sacred power, our gospel perspective will be greatly enlarged and enriched. Such a perspective will change us in remarkable ways." We started to work hard in the field. We had a huge desire to serve those around us. We started to open our eyes and started seeing that the members are struggling and that we are able to help them strengthen their faith and love them through their time of trials and difficulties. When members had committed a sin that was a burden to them or going through hard times, the first thing Sister Larsen and I did was hug them and love them, sometimes we even cried with them.  Whenever Sister Larsen and I struggled, we never pushed each other away. We never "preached" to each other. All we did is just hug each other and tell each other that we love each other. Toward the end of our companionship, Sister Larsen and I noticed the real meaning of the atonement . She and I have healed each other through recognizing the real divine power of  the Atonement. Sister Larsen and Terryville was the reason why I changed the most.
Now looking back to my whole mission especially the 5th transfer and meeting with President Calderwood. When President Calderwood told me that I was leaving the program, he didn't just think about the area and the people that I was to serve. He thought about me and what I was to become. President Calderwood smiled because he knew the Lord's plan for me. He knew that I would be able to find my testimony, my experience with the Atonement, and the changes I would make in my life. How could an originally Chinese speaking missionary get transferred to an area that has no Chinese people in the ASL program and then get pulled out of that area to an English program mid-transfer to be with Sister Larsen? Heavenly Father knew this plan was perfect for ME! He knew who I was to become! It is incredible how through all these changes and things didn't make sense..... I was able to find who I am. I was able to recognize how powerful the Atonement was. I felt like I was finally free from my weaknesses and burdens that I have carried with me. I recognize that it was okay to have weaknesses as long as I rely on my Father in Heaven. 
This lesson taught me this: How can I gain faith without experience? How can I have love without experience? How can I develop hope without experience? How can I have christlike attributes without experience? When going through hardships and trails, I would like to invite you to kneel and pray. Talk to Heavenly Father of your feelings. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are ultimately the only one that can truly understand us and help us.  Seek the Savior and submit your will to Him. Because the Love Heavenly Father has for us, He had sent His beloved Son, Jesus Christ to die for us. Toward the end of his death, Jesus Christ had to walk this lonely path so He can understand how we feel through our afflictions and through our pains. He didn't have a comforter to help Him. He did this, so we do not have to do this alone. The Savior loves us, died for us, and now it's the time to seek for Him and allow Him to strengthen us and uplift those around us. The Savior is my Redeemer! Thinking this brought me to a true reality of Heavenly Father's perfect plan for each one of us. The Gospel and The Savior's Atonement is the only way we can progress and live with our loving Heavenly Father again.
This is my testimony.
I love you!
Sister Moore
P.S. What's my flight information about the layover and when I will arrive in SLC?  There is an elder going home with me. He wants to know if we are going home together or stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment