Monday, November 30, 2015



Are you Esther and are you as courageous as her? Or are you afraid of the  world and what they think of you? We met with a member, Sister Yau.  She is the branch president's wife. Sister Yau had such an amazing  life story. She and I are pretty tight. I love talking with her, she  is such a testimony builder to me. Sister Yau was converted to the  church at age of 19 (I think) it was not an easy process for her. I  asked her about how her parents felt toward her decision to serve a  mission. She said it was hard. I love her, I love seeing her testimony  through her tears of how much she loves her Father in Heaven! She said  she was going to BYU-Hawaii at the time and she decided she wanted to  go on a mission. (She actually served in St. George so she knows  LaVerkin). She told her parents and her parents didn't want her to  serve. She talked with her bishop and the bishop talked to her parents  and they completely hung up on the phone on the bishop. Sister Yau  knew she must go. She had a group of friends and they decided to fast  together. Sister Yau felt that God had softened her parent's heart and  she called them. Her parents said, "We talked last night, we wanted  you to do what makes you happy!" Sister Yau left for her mission which  forever changed her life. Sister Yau is like today's Esther. Her parents  didn't agree with her decision of going on a mission, but Sister Yau didn't  give up. She learned to rely on her Heavenly Father to help her  through all things because she knew that He is the only one that can  make it possible for her to go on a mission and have a successful and  bright future! There may be times where we have be courageous in our  effort and decision to become more like Christ. Have that mindset of  knowing where you want to head in life that will help you reach  eternal life.

 We have had a lot of struggles this week. Our investigators are  lacking desire to keep their commitments, I have been praying and  fasting for them. The answer didn't come the way I thought it would  but it came in a better way. The better way was that one of our less  actives that we have been working with went to church and YSA (6 hours  of church) and told us how happy she was to attend church. I am so
 grateful to help change one person's life than all of our  investigators or less actives' life. It's been hard because we don't  have that many successes in the field but noticing that when we focus  more on the simple miracles of life, things become different. I know I  helped change one person's life and I know I changed my own life through this  amazing mission! We met an investigator who has been coming to English  class. She came twice and gave us a card saying how grateful she is of  us. Her name is Fandy and she came to the thanksgiving party with her  husband and her husband loves us. They were gonna come to church  yesterday but Fandy got sick and stayed in. We are meeting with her  tomorrow so we will see how that goes!

Christine and Janet are amazing  but sadly they told us they don't like the church. The teacher wasn't  helping them feel welcomed or involved so that's hard!  Lily wants to keep meeting with us but it's hard because she doesn't  keep the commitments!  Coco is doing amazing like always! She is one of my favorite people to  work with! These are the main people we are focusing on and praying  for. Please pray for them.

Well we had a zone activity Thanksgiving morning and played ultimate frisbee. Then we had a thanksgiving party with the branch from 12-5 with lots of food, games, karaoke, basketball, and etc. from 5-9 we worked like normal missionary. It didn't feel like thanksgiving but that's okay, I liked working as a missionary.

I am feeling better. I went to bed on Monday at 6:30pm- Tuesday morning at 6:30am so I had 12 hours of sleep. I still wasn't feeling that great on Tuesday, so I had the elders come and give me a blessings and it was amazing! Elder Switzer told me to keep being strong in the field and that Heavenly Father will never let my health fail in the mission and that he is proud of my work and effort. I can't remember the blessing..... I should start writing them down too. I remember the feelings were strong too.

This past week was an up and down week with Sister Johnson. Right now it's hard. I didn't want to stay at the church and email all day like we have been doing. I want to go out and explore NY. So I told her that I wanted to go to Coney Island and the aquarium and she said she didn't want to. So the other elders had made the same plan as us and she wanted to go. So we get everything ready and planned to go this morning and then she told me that she didn't want to go out today.... So I am pretty bummed about that. Oh well, I guess another Monday all day :) 

Well my 2nd companion, Sister Wang who went home in July just came back and visit Dyker. It's so awkward seeing her and being with her. My trainee, Sister Johnson and her we're talking and it so awkward for me, they just make me feel like the worst companion ever. Remember that I also had hard time with Sister Wang too.  I am trying my best to be upbeat but it is awkward haha! 





 Sorry it's not the best letter ever! Nothing too exciting happened!  But here is the best news: Zhang Yan got the confirmation of the Holy  Ghost! We will help her prepare for the temple! Wendy Lian as well!
 Zhang Li Yun and her family will have an interview with the Stake  President for their endowment and sealing! So that's exciting!! Oh!!!!  Ronald A. Rasband is coming this weekend!!!! It's awesome!!!

 Love you!!
  Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment