 |
| Bensonhurst Wall |
Dear Mama,
This week was a time of testing and a time of trials! I struggled so much this week but I am grateful for hardships. We pretty much lost almost all of our investigators and the members are pretty tough. I just got discouraged and sometimes when we get discouraged, Satan can easily tempt us to make mistakes and I must tell you that I wasn't at my best this week. I got so tired that I asked the elders to give me a blessing last night to give me comfort and counsel and in part of the blessing he said, "Sister Moore, keep your eyes forward and have courage!" That just struck me hard. I couldn't sleep and decided to repent and pray last night and hopefully things will change the next 3 weeks. I love my mission so much!! The last two weeks have been the hardest time of my entire mission. I may not be successful here in Dyker Heights but I know that I have learned how to change and grow here. I am learning how to overcome my natural man and rely on the Savior through the Atonement so I may prepare myself when I am home.

Dionna just left for Singapore to go home this week! She was our golden investigator. She called us at the airport, "Sisters, I miss you. I wanted to call you and let you know!" We prepared her with the church's information :) We are so excited for her!
Here are two miracles that occurred this week:
We met with Chen Ze again on Saturday. Since she has a PhD in Biology, she told us of her recent success. She had written an article about a certain cell and recently found out on Tuesday that it will be published in one of the most famous magazines in New York. She said she feels like she had more success because of us talking about God last week when we first met with her. She said she feels different and is starting to know who she is through prayer and has been finding a different sense of peace in her heart. We are helping her recognize that it's God that's helping her. We are so excited to see where the next few weeks will take us! She will try to come to the Christmas party this week and we are excited. We are performing for the Christmas party as well.
We got a random text from a girl name Boey on Tuesday. She just recently moved from Hong Kong and told us that she has been meeting with missionaries for a year. She met with missionaries in Hong Kong and in Taiwan! She knows it's true, she just doesn't understand why she has to get baptized in the church since she was baptized in a different church. We are trying to help her understand. I was very bold but loving with her and she was willing to accept the offer of being baptized in this church. She has an adorable 5 months old son who smiles all the time and she loves music. She is participating in the Christmas program with the branch next Sunday so that will be exciting! When she practiced with everyone, everyone just adored her and talked with her. They whispered to us, "She needs to get baptized so she can become our counselor." We are working on it! Don't worry. She texts us everyday to followup with us on meeting with her and have a conversation with us. We are excited for her!
 |
| I love my district...they are like family!
|
Service can forever change lives. Sister Johnson and I started to recognize how small and simple things brought to pass great things. We don't have to do major service just to make someone smile. We saw a Jewish couple with flowers walk past us... A few minutes later we found a rose on the ground. Sister Johnson wanted to pick it up but decided to walk past it. I told her to get it and she did. We met a Chinese lady sitting on the steps of an apartment and she didn't look happy and Sister Johnson gave the flower to her and her smile became so big! I had food in my bag that I chose not to eat and saw a homeless man and sacrificed my food for him and he smiled! The next day, Sister Johnson and I bought food for this homeless man and he was so happy and kept saying, "Thank You!" Yesterday, I saw a women at the subway and she didn't have a lot of clothes on. She was so poor and so sad. I got on the subway when I saw her and the door closed. I so badly wanted to help her, I wanted to give my jacket to her. I regretted this decision and this prompting that I didn't follow. I hope to see her again so I can offer her my jacket for the winter. It's hard to see these homeless people. I just want to help them by offering my things, my clothes, and my food! That moment of seeing that lady taught me a lot of lessons and I will try my best to not ignore the prompting of the spirit again of reaching my hands out to others!! We had many more experiences!! Serve those that are around you whether they are members or not! I promise you that your heart will be enlarged and filled with love and joy for reaching our hands out!
I love you sooooo much mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment