Hey y'all!
This past two weeks have been insane. God had been so merciful to me. Leaving a happy ending to this great mission. I can't believe I have eight days left of this great mission. When I first arrived in Dyker, I didn't know what to expect. Language was hard but achievable and blind training was hard but it was a great learning experience.
Nothing was going for us in Dyker. No one would talk to us. When we talked to them, they ignored us. When we asked for help, they said no. We walked everyday, we called people day after day and got hung up on. I can't even begin to tell you how hard it was. It was sad for Sister Johnson to feel discouraged especially in her first area and I had to laugh and try and enjoy every minute. All my thoughts in Dyker had immediately turned to our Savior for His direction and His strength. I received priesthood blessings to receive comfort and counsel and it was incredible. I received mission leader's advice to hastening the work. I have fasted and prayed because I knew Dyker could change. Not that I only knew, I believed.
Two weeks ago, after 11 weeks of patience through our trials, blessings started to come. I cannot begin to tell you all the miracles and blessings we have experienced. Members have opened their arms to us, we have brought many less actives back, we have found golden investigators, and etc. We have received meal appointments almost everyday (not going to help the weight but it's love right?) I have noticed that as we endure our trials with faith, Heavenly Father will bless us tremendously and I have such huge love for Dyker and the people. I have gotten so close to them and we became more like a family.
As I was in the temple with the departing missionaries, I sat and pondered all the ups and downs of my mission. I reflected back and noticed the change within me. I felt the peace in my heart as Heavenly Father said, "My daughter, you did well." I maybe shed a tear or two. I am going to miss this place but I know it's time to start my new journey after the mission.
After the departing temple trip, I had the opportunity to attend the sealing of a wonderful family. Many members from Dyker were there. My lovely trainer, Sister Johnson was there, she had literally been such a huge support and a great example for me and I will always be forever grateful for her. My heart was filled with joy as I hugged everyone at the temple. Watching the sealing has given me so many revelations and I am so excited to see what's God's plan is for me.
Today was such a fantastic day and I am excited to see you when I come home.
I love ya!
Sister Moore
No comments:
Post a Comment