Saturday, December 19, 2015



I loved this picture because I can see Sister Moore's little head poking out :)
  Hey!
Today is my preparation day! We got to take two people to the temple this morning! I am so exhausted and tired but at the same time feeling spiritually uplifted! We woke up at 6am and left at 6:30 to go to the temple. We took Lin Lin and Wendy Lian to the temple. We have been
working with Lin Lin with Family History and it was so amazing. I love Family History, I think that's the coolest thing ever! It was such a cool experience to go to the temple! I love the temple. We were put in a group with the NYNY North mission elders and their member. The elders are so amazing and this member was in a wheel chair and both of his legs were amputated. He had some female family names to take and Lin Lin had brought the male names. There were no one to perform baptisms and this one temple worker was willing to volunteer to perform the baptism. It was amazing. I was able to perform the baptisms for the female names for that man and it was incredible! Also, a lot of people went to the temple today for endowment sessions because Elder Christofferson was there! How awesome is that?!?


This week started  stressful and ended with a blessing. I was again caught up in my weaknesses. I was so frustrated and couldn't understand why I was having weaknesses again. I know I am not perfect and never will be perfect. When I was in Terryville, I overcame so many weaknesses and frustration and I thought that I was done overcoming certain things. When I came to Dyker, I have fallen short again on some specific weaknesses and I was not happy about that. Sister Beecher and I were in exchange again. For the fifth time. I just absolutely love her! I told her my circumstance since she was with me pretty much my whole mission. She told me this phrase, "God is bringing you lower so He can help you become higher and stronger." I never thought of it that way. She and I made Vision, Goals, and Plans to help me take baby steps into recognizing God's power and becoming what He wants me to be. It was such an incredible exchange and I had such a uplifting attitude ever since. If there is a certain weakness that you thought you have overcome and it came back again.... Don't get frustrated like I did earlier..... Instead, think about what God wants you to learn from this certain experience. Think about how this certain experience can make you stronger and become what He wants you to become! We started practicing for our performance for the Chinese Christmas Party on Monday. Elder Jheng in our district is one of the famous dancers in Taiwan. He is soooo good! The dance is so incredible. We practiced it for 2 hours each day and it's good practice. Elder Jheng loves my moves and we became good friends and he asked me to do a solo along with him in the dance. He said I must continue doing hip hop after my mission. So I will consider it. The Spanish branch has asked me to teach their primary kids dance and thankfully Elder Jheng helped me teach them and that was fun!! Elder Rees and I were their dance leaders. We performed for them last night and oh boy..... They LOVED it! We are now known :) Just now, a relief society president, Lin QiuYue had asked me to perform with her 3 daughters tonight. She saw us dancing hip hop and loved it. So wish me a luck tonight! It's gonna be sooooo much fun!!!
I have been fasting and praying often for the Chinese branch. It's has been hard working with them especially when they won't let you talk to them or serve them. I was overwhelmed and I wanted to show that I love them and that I truly do care about them when they won't let me. I pray and I keep on loving them no matter how hard it is. I kept on going and serving and now I have seen the blessings that started to appear. We never had lunch or dinner appointments till yesterday. We got fed lunch by a member, dinner by another member, and dinner by the Spanish branch yesterday. We just got fed lunch today by a member. That to me was a blessing. We were able to personally get to know them and enjoy our time with them and they finally love us. Well.... There goes my diet. I actually lost 14 pounds but I thinks it's coming back because of all the food. Haha! Miracles are finally happening. Miracles happen when we keep the faith burning within us! Oh, we are taking 3 people to the temple on December 29th. 3 endowments and 2 of them are getting sealed. We are so excited! Through all the craziness, the week is not over yet and we are soon to accomplish all of our Goals! God truly has been so merciful to us. The people are amazing, the language is coming quickly, the gospel is so real!! I truly love life!!!

Well, I got to go.  The Chinese party is tonight!  











I love you mom!!!  I am so lucky to have you in my life and as my mother,

Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment