Monday, March 16, 2015



Dear Mama,

This morning was transfer call. Again it was surprising.... I am staying in Flushing again and my companion, Sister Hironaka is going back to Dkyer to be Sister Johnson's companion. Sister Lee will be my companion! I hate it when it happens to the people I really love. I did love Sister Hironaka and I will miss her a lot! She is pretty much my hero and I look up to her a lot. We are not really happy about transfer call at all. We are both pretty upset about it. We decided to spend the day at the science museum and it was epic. We had a great time.

We have had members and investigators feed us dinner every night till Thursday this past week. So I was up to 140 lbs.... That's ok, I ate more healthy and exercised hardcore during the weekend. I lost 6 lbs. It's amazing how easy you can gain from Chinese food. When you visit New York bring your extra extra big pants. Chinese people show their love by providing you food. So if they love me they will love you more! Whenever people ask about my parents, I talk about you and how awesome you are. I told them I will bring you back to New York with me. They started to think about what kind of meal and food they can provide you haha. I seriously love them.
 
We had a lesson with Jenny Liao, she now has a job in Kang Zhou (Connecticut) but still lives here in Flushing, New York. Our lesson went good but she wasn't keeping any of the commitments we gave her. Sister Hironaka and I feel that we need to slowly drop her. That made me sad because she was the very first person I found in New York, I've worked with her since the beginning of my mission, end of September. I have come to love her and her husband. I have felt something special about them. But it seems to me that Satan is now in the way of trying to get to what they need in their life. Jenny is thinking about moving. She is hoping to move to Utah. I will find and hunt her down if she ever moves to Utah and baptize her... Haha, that could happen.

Li Shu Ling who was my recent convert..... I think she is going inactive. She left early from church 3 weeks ago and hasn't come since. She doesn't answer our calls. She doesn't make church her priority... It's sad to see this. Maybe she does like church but busy with her life at the moment. Please pray for her and the desire to continue to come to church. I hope she will one day recognize the blessings that comes from this.
 
We have worked with two of our amazing youth investigators. Sister Hironaka and I dearly love them! They are strong in their faith and have the desire to learn and grow. Yesterday both of them came to church. We introduced Iris to Miranda and they were inseparable during church. They already love each other haha. Miranda is still set for March 29, she is really excited. She already knows the church is true. She called us this past week about the stress she has in school and she trusted us as missionaries and as a friend. She really loves us as much as we love Miranda. Remember that she lives about 1.5 hours away in Lidenhurst... She has a lot of faith coming all the way to Flushing to attend church at 9. We are working on finding a church in Lidenhurst for her. We are also going to try and borrow a car from the mission office to drive to Lidenhurst for her baptismal interview so she doesn't have to come all the way here.... Roadtrip yeah!!  Iris is great. She knows this church is true. She is a great person and she invited us over for dinner and made hot pot. It was fantastic. 
 
I have a strong testimony about inviting others to come unto Christ. Lately our mission has asked less active to become our member presence for lessons, or members without the strong testimony of the gospel to become member presence as well. It's amazing to see how much impact and influence it has on the person when they realize how much the church and the gospel really truly bless their lives. I would like to invite all of you to think of someone who is less active or someone without a strong testimony or someone who is interested in the church to do service with you or FHE or anything relating to gospel purpose 

On Friday we had IPad conference and got new iPads. President Calderwood talked to us.  President Calderwood's talk had slapped me in the face. He said, "You need to forget yourself and go to work. Stop worrying about what you need, stop worrying about what's going on at home with your family and friends, stop thinking about your own problems. If you're thinking that right now, then you don't love The Lord. If you really love the Lord then you would serve Him with all your might, mind, and strength. You only have 18 months to 2 years to do this. Cause when you serve Him with all your might, mind, and strength, He will bless you and give you a tremendous joy for the rest of your mission and your life." He was right.
 
 I did my personal study on the BOM 2 Nephi 5. Nephi separated himself from the world. He hearkened unto the voice of God telling him to depart from his brothers who sought to take away his life. His brothers murmured and complained against Nephi. Nephi never let them destroy his faith or change his personality to meet their expectations. He knew what kind of blessings God would have given him. Therefore he took "all those who would go with me were those who believed in warnings and the revelations of God" I know I didn't have torture or near death experience for believing in God, but I have been mocked and pulled away. Our Mission shows the importance of keeping our faith stable by, ""unfriend" and "block" any individual who is only interested in arguing with you, destroying your faith, or undermining the progress of investigators." Nephi was willing to leave everything in Jerusalem and now leaving his brothers in order to gain blessings and "manner of happiness" from God! I, too, must do the same.

I love you mom! I am happy for you and Danny. May 9th is a good day to get marry. I am really glad it was papa's and my fault. Papa and I work together as a great team don't we? I am excited for you. I am glad Amber and Brandon approved. I am happy to hear Harper is doing great. How is Justin? I haven't heard from him lately. I am grateful to do this mission. It is super hard when you love the people and it becomes a roller coaster but I am still grateful!
 
I love you will all my heart,
Sister Moore
 
PS is there anyway you can work on my BYU and U of U college application.
PSS there is no transfer in December so either I go home November or January. Hope that will let me know about the college semester application
PSS what is Clair Pilling mission address? She wrote me a month ago and I want to write her back. What's is the stamp situation for mailing out of countries situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment