Temple with Fan YongDi
Dear Mom,
This week went by good.
We have a super solid investigator name Iris! She is 18 years old and currently attending college. She is pure in heart. She wants to get baptized but wants to pray about it first. She also wants to finish the BOM first too and she is almost done. It's insane, we gave her the BOM two weeks ago and she is almost done.... Crazy! Please pray for her to have the desire to get baptized and enter the covenant with God.
We had another miracle happen, Sister Hironaka was Facebook friends with a girl name Miranda Zhao. They talked on Facebook but she didn't seem interested in coming to church so Sister Hironaka decided to stop writing her. Yesterday she randomly showed up to church for her first time. We taught her and she accepted baptism for March 29! She is 17 and just came to America a month ago by herself. She is awesome and I love her.
I have witnessed a lot of gift of tongues this past week. I am starting to actually pick up what others are saying. I feel comfortable asking others questions and listening to their responses. I can say that my Chinese is improving a lot. I am really grateful for this miracle. I am full of thanks!
On Friday we received a care package from Missouri. We received two different letters from two young girls Elaina and Melia. They are ten and they shared their testimony and asked us questions and it was super sweet. The primary leaders also wrote us to thank our parents for organizing this. Thank you mama! We are so grateful for this wonderful care package from Missouri. Sister Hironaka was filled with this joy too!
Flushing is starting to become scary! This past week I have witnessed a lot of fighting, yelling, and a thief. Our church is not safe now. In October a Spanish man (he is a son of a Spanish member but turns out to be homeless now) stole Elder Chung's IPad and disappeared for 2 months. He came back and then yesterday he came to the baptism dinner and then stole Elder Johnson's IPad and took off. We were not happy about this. Now our church is "technically" not safe....
Last week there was a man who kind of yelled at me but didn't know what he said but I knew it wasn't good and Elder Wutrich said something to the man and the man ganged up on him and yelled at him and wanted to beat him up.... People + Winter = Bad News. Sister Hironaka said to me, "I feel a lot safer in Brooklyn. Flushing, not really." Please continue to pray for our safety
Yesterday was Fabiola's baptism. It was so spiritual! The missionaries were crying, she was crying, I had teary eyes, her non-member father came in from Mexico was crying, her best friend was crying, people on Skype were crying. You could definitely feel the spirit strongly there. I am so happy she took this step. In May, she will be moving back to Mexico :( I am so grateful that I have met her. I didn't do language study this past week because of the busy schedule so I never said a prayer in Spanish :(
Yes, our mission is doing a Facebook Fast for two months. We are getting new IPads this week. I am not sure if the Bishop got the email about the iPad situation.... I have to pay for the new iPad. All the mission got together on Friday and we had Elder Stephan B. Allen and Elder David F. Evans from general authorities come speak to us. They talked to us about technology uses and how to teach online. They also talked about the importance of following the rules. They said that if we have sins in the past, we need to immediately repent. It's not impossible to change! No matter how big or how small the sins is, we can change through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I just love that.
Before the mission conference, Sister Johnson ran up to me and said, "You might double train!" Another Chinese speaking sister is coming in August. She is from Riverton, Utah. Sister Johnson could not stop laughing because I will be training soon. "It's your turn" She feels like she will help me train first transfer and then she goes home, "I can't wait to watch you train and I will sit back and eat my popcorn." Oh Sister Johnson....We will see. I also saw Sister Wang.... I really love her haha! She can make me smile. That girl is super crazy! I really love her when we are not companions.
Oh, the Sister Wangs!
Today we are going to Brooklyn! Yay!! Sister Hironaka is going to show me around her first area where she served, Bushwood (not sure how to spell it) then we will go to Dyker-Heights to meet with the Chinese missionaries there to celebrate Elder Finch's birthday, and then we are going to Downtown Brooklyn and going shopping!!!! Wahoo!!! It's gonna be fun!
Sister Hironaka is seriously amazing! She is always funny and always has the desire to help me. She always listens to me and does really care. She is funny and makes me laugh. She is just the goofiest person. She looks like a cartoon character... If I had to choose a character for her, she would be one of the girl in Despicable Me. The middle girl. Haha.
![]() |
| We were making cookies for our people and may have got carried away! |
![]() |
| Being crazy with Sandra |
Message of the day:
I was learning about our loving Heavenly Father. I learned that I cannot teach without knowing who He really is and I wanted to get to know Him more. My favorite scripture I read was Alma 30:44. Gospel Principles said, "We can look up at the sky and see what Alma meant. There are millions of stars and planets all in perfect order. They did not get there by chance. We can see the work of God in the heaven or on the earth. The many beautiful plants, the many kinds of animals, the mountains, the rivers, the clouds that brings rain and snow- all these testify to us that there is a God!" I felt like during that study I was talking with God. Because I wasn't feeling the spirit lately. I realized.... Maybe I haven't expressed my gratitude to Heavenly Father. Maybe that will help me recognize all the blessings He has given me. When doing that... I did notice that the spirits come in many different forms.... I saw all the blessings He has given me. I decided that it's time for me to write a "Book of Gratitude."
I love you mom and I did not know you liked motorcycles. That's funny! I will find something for Justin in Brooklyn. He will get his late birthday gift this week or next week. Yeah.... He should cut his hair and shave. I want Justin to get married, not push Emily away. One member told me he stalked me on Facebook and thought Justin is a rebellious child. I laughed and told him that it was his style but not the personality and that Justin is the most awesome person he will ever meet.
Glad to hear grandma is surviving!
I can't believe all the crazy stuff that has been happening in LaVerkin! Wow.... Just wow. I feel bad for Michelle... She has gone through a lot. How is Stephanie or Richard? How is Miranda and Randi? I wish I could be there to help them.
Yes I got Kelli's letter and your package. I love it! I feel like I never have time to do things and I will do my best to write Kelli back. I have a lot of people to write to.
I love you so very much!
Your Sweet Daughter in Zion,









No comments:
Post a Comment