Monday, March 23, 2015



        My missionary grandparents, they are my favorite people ever!  They leave for Taiwan tonight.

Hey Mom,

This past week was a good week. I had to say goodbye to Sister Hironaka! Our last night together was bad... Sister Hironaka started packing and the guy downstairs came up in his tank top and underwear and started yelling at us and acted like he wanted to come in and kill us. He was so close to our face. Sister Lee told us that when she lived at that pad the guy would tell them he injured missionaries and so our super-attendant told us to call the cops the next time it happened. It was crazy!
 



Sister Hironaka made these cakes for someone's birthday.  Aren't they cute?
 
 
Transfer meeting came along, they read the program out loud, "Sister Moore will conduct for us." What the?? I never got a phone call or anything like that. Sister Hironaka looked at me and laughed. Sister Johnson and Sister Lee looked at me and then laughed. President Calderwood and Sister Calderwood's faces were red and they giggled as soon as they saw my expression. I went up there without the mission hymn song and just led.... Then it turned out that I had to lead  Called to Serve in English and Spanish?! The whole congregation just laughed at my awkwardness... Crazy but grateful for that experience.
 
 
 
 
 President was teaching us the importance of missionary work but also he was saying about how we need to take care of our phone, iPad, and home. He then said, "Sisters, you can dedicate your home, iPad, and important things through the prayer of faith.  Before doing so, remove anything that distracts and doesn't help us improve."
 
Afterward, we split up. Sister Hironaka and I hugged for a long time. I am going to miss that girl like crazy. She will always be my Hiroshima haha.
 
 
 
 
                                     The Globe and Science Museum on our last day together
 
Sister Lee and I got put together and I really really love her. She is so funny and so sweet. I am grateful that she is my companion. It's crazy to think that she only has 11 weeks left of her mission. Me and Sister Lee are on a diet and we are doing Isagenix. We may need more shakes.  We also run every morning. I felt so bad for Sister Lee on the first day when we were together. With Sister Hironaka she gets up normally at 6 so my body wakes up at that time. So I woke Sister Lee up thinking it was 6:30 but was actually 6. 
 
We do really well teaching lessons together. We work hard together and we can never see each other arguing or having disagreements. Our mind is basically the same. We think the same thing at the same time and spill them out at the same time. It's funny.
 
 
                                                            Crystal and Me                                     Dinner with RM Cardoza
 
 
Sister Lee is now learning ASL and she is having a conversation with me in ASL. I am teaching her the song "Let it go" by Frozen. It's so much fun being with her. Honestly before she came Flushing was kind of dead but she is bringing it back to life and she is teaching me how to have so much joy in missionary work! This past week I have noticed people in the area love me more than ever. They hug me from behind, grab my hands and rub them, smile and stare at each other, hug a long time, and I never felt that kind of love from them before. I am really grateful to stay another transfer in Flushing. It's time to bring Flushing some fireworks. Ever since Sister Lee and I got put together, I immediately started to understand Chinese. I am picking it up fast and members just look at me like, "What just happened?" haha. I've improved a lot.
 
Miranda, who is supposed to get baptized next week, it was decided that we need to change her baptism day to April 19. We felt she needed more preparation, she was a little sad but understands why. Iris is still doing good. We have  many new investigators so we are excited to work with them.
I know the church is true! I love this gospel! It's the only way to happiness! 
 
Wow!  I am so jealous you went to the recital! I am proud of Laynie, I think she got her attitude and faces from me haha ;) I love that girl! That's awkward that you saw Danny's wife... Back away ;)
 
I am happy to hear that everyone really likes Danny! I am happy about that!! I trust Dawson so I am glad he likes Danny. 
 
So do you think Justin will propose to Emily soon? Justin sent the picture of him and her and its soooo cute.
 
Wow 1 month and two days till the wedding. That's gonna go by fast! I either can skype in the wedding or Skype on Mother's Day. President asked that we pray about it and see what's best for us. President said he was okay with me skyping in for the wedding. I would love to see Ron and Traci again. I miss them a lot. Please count them in as part of skyping plan.
 
Glad everyone is doing good!
 
Turns out there wasn't a Skype lesson. It didn't work out. But I am glad my skype works now haha! Thank you so much!
 
I love you mom!!!
 
Love Sister Moore
 

 

 

 



 

 

 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment