Last week we did a lot of traveling. We went to Brooklyn. We went to Bushwick and it was full of Jewish people. Everyone was wearing the cap and were wearing dark clothing. We got some pizzas and it was the best pizza ever!! Love that place! Then we went to the chocolate store. Everyone was smiling until they looked at the missionary tag and made a serious face. Interesting experience there. It was so ghetto there and Sister Hironaka was so happy to be back at her first area.
We learned how there so many ways how to share and teach a lesson about the gospel. Since it's cold and snowy, we taught lessons over the phone and email. It was epic. It's good for my listening practice since my listening skills have sucked lately. I have not said, "What" this many times before! Gotta improve...
We had a week full of miracles. We taught Iris and we asked her if she ever prayed to be baptized. She said yes and wanted to get baptized on May 9. She wants to cook for us on Friday and said her aunt was interested in learning about the gospel so YES!! I am so excited!
Miranda has such a strong faith. She is set for March 29. She lives about an hour away from our Chinese branch and it's starts at 9. But she is willing to sacrifice her sleep and everything to come to church. She is 17 years old and I wish I could have her strong faith. I know she will get baptized!!
Also this past week has been hard too. I just couldn't get along with Elder Johnson and he makes me feel insecure all the time. He said that people like him more than me. I felt like at that moment that I haven't made any changes or improvement in Flushing. Yes I helped one person get baptized but I am still not sure if she was ready to accept baptism. I just felt weak and lazy here so I asked for a priesthood blessing. One of the elders just started the blessing without asking what my concern or problem was. He was very deep in thought and tried to receive inspiration from Heavenly Father. It was short but powerful and I was grateful for that.
My relationship with Sister Hironaka got stronger. I really really love her. She is funny and relieves my stress all the time. She always cares for me and she never once thought about herself.
This is the last week of transfer. I don't know what will happen. I think I will stay in Flushing one more transfer and then move to Brooklyn. Flushing is really hard but I love it. I love how Flushing is teaching me a lot of things! Flushing challenges me a lot!
Mom, I want to ask you a favor. One member here, Helen, she is a single mom and has a son, Lawrence. Lawrence is 14 years old but he just went inactive and she is having a hard time being a single mom, school, working, and so forth. She is struggling a lot. Can you please write a letter to her? I told her a lot about you and she looks up to you and asks about you. Just send it to me through email and then I can send it to her. She would love that!
Sorry I had a busy day, but I love you!
Love,
Sister Moore
No comments:
Post a Comment